Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Encouraging your forum members to invite others to join your forum

Cedric

Captain Junkie
Administrator
Credits
Discuss the methods and tactics on encouraging your forum members to invite others to join your forum. It's a very underrated advertising method and can bring in some very valuable members.

• Offer rewards or incentives for members who successfully invite new members to join your forum. This could be in the form of a prize or a special status or badge on the forum.
  • Provide your members with an easy way to invite others, such as by including a referral link or a pre-written invitation message in their forum profile.
  • Remind your members of the benefits of being a part of your forum community and encourage them to share these benefits with their friends and connections.
  • Create a contest or challenge where members compete against each other to see who can invite the most new members. (Referral Contests)
  • Encourage your members to share your forum on their social media accounts and provide them with pre-written messages or graphics that they can use to promote your forum.
  • Highlight new members who have joined your forum through an invite from another member. This will give recognition to the person who invited and make other members eager to do the same.
  • Encourage your members to send personal messages to their friends and family, explaining why they enjoy being a member of your forum and why they think their friends and family would benefit from joining.

I think it's good to encourage them to invite their friends to your forum. Ads may even work on social media but I've never went that route before.

I have a referral code on my board that allows users to easily refer other people to the board.

Where doing this is very difficult is that most people aren't interested in posting or being on forums. It's why they find it very difficult to stay even when something or someone brings them. They would stay for a period of time and disappear.

A way I have used in the past to encourage members to invite others to the forum has been to do referral contests and the person who had the most referrals to the site would get a prize of some kind that I chose. The people they did refer though did need to be active and have at least 10 posts on the forum and have introduced themselves. With referral links, they can also advertise the site on social media to see if anyone joins which would help them towards the referral contest.

A way I have used in the past to encourage members to invite others to the forum has been to do referral contests and the person who had the most referrals to the site would get a prize of some kind that I chose. The people they did refer though did need to be active and have at least 10 posts on the forum and have introduced themselves. With referral links, they can also advertise the site on social media to see if anyone joins which would help them towards the referral contest.
Once there's nothing for these new members gotten from a referral contest to gain on the long run, they won't be in the forum for long. It's why I like it when you target those that are interested in posting on forums. An active member is far better than ghost members.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor