Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

DPReview Photography Site and its Forum to close down very soon

Advertisement Placeholder
Never heard of the site, but it's always sad when such a large site/community is closing its doors. It happens to the best of both worlds, where sites come along and eventually close their doors and new sites are created that may be similar to the closed site or other sites may exist that people will likely flock to instead.

Never heard of the site, but it's always sad when such a large site/community is closing its doors. It happens to the best of both worlds, where sites come along and eventually close their doors and new sites are created that may be similar to the closed site or other sites may exist that people will likely flock to instead.

Yes its very sad, as they have many users, but now they will go to other smaller forums or other groups etc.and be spread all over the next
(Unless someone takes the whole thing over)
Amazon has given them 10 more days

The problem is that they had a website with may be 4 or 5 fulll time staff, and the fourm attached.
So obvilously Amazon did not feel they were getting enough commsion from photography sales to pay for those salaries)

Just one more pointer when "big" business takes over a forum/site. I really prefer the more hobbyist type sites as they are more into it for the love of the niche than the chase of the almighty dollar. I've already decided that as long as my site is costs me less than $300 a month, I'll continue to pay that out of my pocket before forcing it upon others.
Since my site script hasn't really "advanced" that much in the last 2 years, I can most likely get by with a year of not renewing since their updates are rather "useless" as far as overall for a site goes. They trend more towards bug fixes.

Yes its very sad, as they have many users, but now they will go to other smaller forums or other groups etc.and be spread all over the next
(Unless someone takes the whole thing over)
Amazon has given them 10 more days

The problem is that they had a website with may be 4 or 5 fulll time staff, and the fourm attached.
So obvilously Amazon did not feel they were getting enough commsion from photography sales to pay for those salaries)
I was just about asking the reason why they wanted to close down the DPReview Photography Site and it's forum but with the reason you just gave here, it's more than good enough to have it closed down. They are trying to cut their expenses and that's part of business.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds