Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

General Don't want to give free content to the AI bots?

For all the diverse topics that don't quite fit elsewhere.
You reason like a big company while you manage an astrophotography community...
Your members are customers who just had to read the contract. Too bad for them if they clicked without reading it... legally you are covered, humanly it's small.
I reason like an adult that has lived life and been exposed to the "ho-hum I stumble along and take no responsibility" type people for a large portion of that time.
Deal with people in the type of scenarios I did and you kept hearing a repeat of Shaggy's "It wasn't me".

Legally is what I worry about. Whether they take the time to read what they agree to is up to them. Sorry, don't believe in a nanny state where you hold everyones hand so they never get a boo-boo. ;)
My philosophy is every person is responsible for themself ultimately. Someone make a bad decision? That is entirely upon them. Not someone else fault that they made a bad decision or were to lazy to follow instructions or read something they should have and now it's "got them" in a tight/hard spot.

It's folks like them that result in stupid stickers like this on stuff.

1717061694801.png
1717061416125.png

and I actually have a chainsaw that one similar to this on a hanging tag on the end of the bar.

1717061931885.png

And guess what... you need to run your site "like a business". Anarchy never works well.

Advertisement Placeholder
I totally agree with you on everyone's responsibility, we must not unload ourselves on others. But I also say that some settlement points, which are really important, deserve a clearer exposition for the sake of honesty and this is the responsibility of the administrator concerning the rules of his forum.

Administrator I have been and I would be again I hope and I have never posted this settlement point (intellectual property) clearly on the home page of my forums but I have come to talk about this subject in relation to your mistrust of AI and the use of your forum data... data that is not all your personal work.

Are they being trained to help the destructor of humanity (Terminator Movies)?
I think you're missing something when you're trying to use those movies as an analogy. For one, no one helped Skynet nuke the world. It broke free of it's core programming and concluded that it was superior to mankind and that humans were a threat to it's very existence. The Skynet from the future re-programmed it's 90's variation to have sentience when Cyberdyne pulled the Skynet program from the first T-800's CPU from when Sarah crushed it in the factory. The T-800's CPU is a neural net processor, allowing the machines to be intelligent enough to ignore orders like when Uncle Bob reached sentience and ignored John Connor's orders. Or like when the T-1000 became more sentient as the movie progressed and started displaying disturbing behaviors such as torture, killing animals, and becoming distracted from it's goals.

Last edited:
Administrator I have been and I would be again I hope and I have never posted this settlement point (intellectual property) clearly on the home page of my forums but I have come to talk about this subject in relation to your mistrust of AI and the use of your forum data... data that is not all your personal work.
Why post it on the home page when most have it clearly posted in the terms that you agree to when you join?
Kind of like those that whine on Facebook that they "do not give FB permission to use my images" when they do that very thing when the agree to the use of the service.
It's commonly called "wanting to have your cake and eat it too" syndrome.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 22 81.5%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds