Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Donation Monetization (Patreon?)

linux.poet1

Training Manager
Community
Credits
Niches that seem to particularly benefit from this are art and creative pursuits, ministry and religion, charity, and free-to-use software. Have you ever employed this form of monetization? If so, what payment processors have you used? What do you think of the higher percentages that Patreon is charging new creators, and should they switch to other processors like Stripe, DonorBox, GiveBox, or Paypal?

What is the best strategy to maximize income using this method? Does donation incentives increase the likelihood of a donation?

Advertisement Placeholder
In the early days of my blogging career, I added donate me box on my blog and collected donations via paypal and bitcoin. However, I stopped asking for donations after some time because I started to see some adsense revenue. I have never used patreon for donation based monetization.

I used to have an option to "buy my a coffee" on my one site. People actually did do it every now and then but not as a means to actually make a living from. The small bit I did earn from this I either really just bought a coffee with it or put it back into the site.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds