Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Does your boss discriminate at work?

Credits
A good boss is supposed to treat all his workers in the same equilibrium without any form of discrimination in any way whatsoever. Unfortunately, this doesn't always be the case. A friend of mine complained about how his boss discriminate between his male and female staffs. He usually celebrates the female birthday at the office but never do anything for the male workers.

If your boss discriminate in the office, which way does he usually do it?

Advertisement Placeholder
A good boss is supposed to treat all his workers in the same equilibrium without any form of discrimination in any way whatsoever. Unfortunately, this doesn't always be the case. A friend of mine complained about how his boss discriminate between his male and female staffs. He usually celebrates the female birthday at the office but never do anything for the male workers.

If your boss discriminate in the office, which way does he usually do it?

I think that a boss must never discriminate people based on their race, colour, cast, religion, or any other factor. This may hold back the society from developing in the best way. Unfortunately, many people may never understand this and they may continue to discriminate, no matter what.

Not any of my bosses, but I knew a guy who ran a local store. He has a stance against trans people, so in recent years he's denied sale to anyone who is trans or identifies as something other than their outward appearance. It's nothing but hate when bosses do this.

From experience, a boss discriminating against anyone at work is very much frowned up on and there are steps that employers can take to complain about their boss doing such.

I can't say I have ever known anyone or even my own boss to discriminate against people in the workplace but I do know that it does happen and a lot of the time goes unnoticed or even just gets ignored.

If I did see a boss discriminating I would report it the first chance I got as I do not believe that should ever be something anyone has to deal with in a workplace.

Not any of my bosses, but I knew a guy who ran a local store. He has a stance against trans people, so in recent years he's denied sale to anyone who is trans or identifies as something other than their outward appearance. It's nothing but hate when bosses do this.

I would say that such person is very stupid in my opinion. What's his business with the person being a transgender as long as they pay him for whatever they want or are interested in buying? So, if his business is operating in a place dominated by transgender, he will close up shop.

Honestly speaking, this may be a problem in many places. However, now there are many different kinds of NGOs and welfare organisations that are fighting the problem of discrimination in many places. Now discriminating against people could land you in jail.

My boss is a fair person. He treats people equally. Though, there are some people that are very close to him and want him to treat them better. He tries as much as possible to treat his workers the same manner..

A boss who discriminates in his workplace like this is not a real entrepreneur. What he's doing is going to affect the morale of his male workers which will cause a decrease in their productivity. You can't blame them because they are human beings and no one like to be treated unfairly.

My boss is a fair person. He treats people equally. Though, there are some people that are very close to him and want him to treat them better. He tries as much as possible to treat his workers the same manner..

It is always very good for you to treat your workers in a way that all of them are going to have the same feeling and assurance that they are being appreciated the same way by their boss. This is because it is going to make them not feel that some of them are relegated to the background while others are of more importance to the business.

It is always very good for you to treat your workers in a way that all of them are going to have the same feeling and assurance that they are being appreciated the same way by their boss. This is because it is going to make them not feel that some of them are relegated to the background while others are of more importance to the business.
Naturally, there are some instances where some people will just be preferentially treated for some reasons or the others. But we only need to do this in a coded way, as a boss, so that other workers won't feel downcast for not being treating properly.

Naturally, there are some instances where some people will just be preferentially treated for some reasons or the others. But we only need to do this in a coded way, as a boss, so that other workers won't feel downcast for not being treating properly.
There's nothing which happens in a workplace stays hidden forever. One day sooner or later, it's going to come out for everyone to know and then when happens? It's better to avoid being the one to cause a breach in how your workers feel towards one another.

There's nothing which happens in a workplace stays hidden forever. One day sooner or later, it's going to come out for everyone to know and then when happens? It's better to avoid being the one to cause a breach in how your workers feel towards one another.
I have seen a co-worker backstabbing me just for the employee to love him the more. When I got to know, I only try as much as possible to refrain from him but I didn't fight him and up till now, he doesn't know that I know.

Feeling discriminated is a very common thing. However, discrimination should be noticeable and dealt in the best manner. However, accusing someone of discriminating someone else is also a big offence as well. There are times when people may misinterpret what you said and accuse you of discriminating against people. However, in reality this may not be the case at all.

Feeling discriminated is a very common thing. However, discrimination should be noticeable and dealt in the best manner. However, accusing someone of discriminating someone else is also a big offence as well. There are times when people may misinterpret what you said and accuse you of discriminating against people. However, in reality this may not be the case at all.

Unfortunately there is nothing a worker can do whenever their employer is the kind of person that usually discriminate among his staffs. The only thing that you can be able to do in this kind of situation is to try as much as possible to ignore whatever that is going on and focus on doing your job as long as you are getting paid.

I have seen a co-worker backstabbing me just for the employee to love him the more. When I got to know, I only try as much as possible to refrain from him but I didn't fight him and up till now, he doesn't know that I know.
He will be pretending in your face to be a friend while he's trying to gain favor by painting you black in face of your boss. You should be very careful with how you relate with such person. He's a green snake in a green grass.

When I had an offline job, I was never discriminated against.IN my capacity as a head of the department, I never discriminate against any junior-level staff. I did once have a fight with my boss but it was not related to discrimination, it was more of a work related issue. I gave up the job after the verbal fight.

When I had an offline job, I was never discriminated against.IN my capacity as a head of the department, I never discriminate against any junior-level staff. I did once have a fight with my boss but it was not related to discrimination, it was more of a work related issue. I gave up the job after the verbal fight.
In where I work right now offline there is nothing like discriminate act we where treated equally so I have never observed this before but some of my folks are complaining bitterly about this in their various establishment,because they say women and treated better than men

Is it pride or just stubbornness which makes most bosses never to listen to what their staffs have to say? When they are in the wrong, they don't like to hear it from their staffs and if you push too much, you will end up losing your job.

I used to think so but he likes to joke and can keep a straight face so if you don't know the guy, you would very likely find yourself hating the man. He doesn't mistreat people and gives us raises every year with generous bonuses.

A co-worker who was supposed to be my friend have done something similar and I was called in by my boss to ask me some questions about it. I knew because he was the only one who was aware of the situation and for my boss to find out, he was the one who snitched on me.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds