Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Does the song lyrics matter?

Teegold

Credits
I hear many people say that when it comes to music, you shouldn't bother too much about the lyrics, just enjoy the beat and flow with it.
I find that mentality to be unreasonable, because good music is identified by its lyrics. I personally don't like songs that contain vulgar and repulsive words, they irritate me.
So if you want to recommend songs for me, they have to be those with wholesome lyrics!
Do you feel the same way, or lyrics doesn't matter to you too?

depends how you look at it tbh, it does if your deeply related with the music or their be other times like i music that i listen at time for the flow and beats like NCS music.
everyone is difference and unique on there own way how their listen there own songs.

It depends up to a degree with me. I don't mind cuss words since I cuss like a sailor in real life, but there's some things I would rather not hear people sing about. Sometimes the lyrics do turn me off from enjoying a song.

Yes and no. I like vague lyrics that are open to interpretation. It's artistic, imo.

However, swearing and cussing isn't artistic. Quite the opposite actually. Vulgar lyrics can ruin and otherwise great ensemble.

From a Christian standpoint, they do matter. In fact, a lot of music has witchcraft in them and it's really weird stuff and I wouldn't want that cast on me.

Of course, this is besides the fact that what you're around you absorb. If you listen to vulgar lyrics, you become vulgar.

Last edited:
I hear many people say that when it comes to music, you shouldn't bother too much about the lyrics, just enjoy the beat and flow with it.
I find that mentality to be unreasonable, because good music is identified by its lyrics. I personally don't like songs that contain vulgar and repulsive words, they irritate me.
So if you want to recommend songs for me, they have to be those with wholesome lyrics!
Do you feel the same way, or lyrics doesn't matter to you too?
I feel the same for the songs in the languages I understand. But for the ones I don't, I feel we can connect and vibe to them even if we don't understand the lyrics. Songs like gangnam style, despacito etc.

From a Christian standpoint, they do matter. In fact, a lot of music has witchcraft in them and it's really weird stuff and I wouldn't want that cast on me.

Of course, this is besides the fact that what you're around you absorb. If you listen to vulgar lyrics, you become vulgar.
Exactly! When you start listening to music with vulgar lyrics too often, you might become influenced by it and before you know it, you have started exhibiting the traits yourself.
So it is better to stay away.

I feel the same for the songs in the languages I understand. But for the ones I don't, I feel we can connect and vibe to them even if we don't understand the lyrics. Songs like gangnam style, despacito etc.
That is true, but even still, I usually translate the lyrics of foreign songs to know what they say there. Is that weird?

That is true, but even still, I usually translate the lyrics of foreign songs to know what they say there. Is that weird?
No, I don't think so. It's totally normal. I do that whenever I feel like learning to sing a foreign language song. First I try to understand what the song is all about. Then, I mug up the lyrics. 😅

I don't mind most lyrics, I don't usually find them offensive, I mainly like rocking out to cool beats and lyrics that flow well.

There was a song in Xhosa that I so much loved playing. I never bothered to look up the translation, but I loved the rhythm and beat. Someone called my attention to it and asked me if I understood what I was listening to.
Well I looked it up and was rather ashamed of the lyrics I was fond of.
So yes we can enjoy songs regardless of the lyrics.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor