Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Does spamming content matter for traffic?

Dannyjax

Recognized member
Credits
I have come across a couple of forums where there are threads like "Count from A-Z" or " Count from 1-100". This a pure spam the way I see it because such content doesn't add much value to the forum but only posts count. But I still see some forum owners allow it. Does it mean that it's got some benefits that I'm not aware of?

Advertisement Placeholder
spamming does not help in the long run, as people would not be very interested with the platform as the contents are recycled but i believe spamming helps in seo, not the way the normal seo works, but it increases your site traffic for the time being

Maybe the OP needs to change his view on spamming, if you come across counting 1-100 or A-Z threads in a forum that is not spamming. Forums are not only for serious discussion, forums are also cool place to have fun. But of course spamming is a great issue on forums.

I believe that it's more of a forum game in most cases. As long as the content is posted in game section of the forum if it's available or off topic section, then it's going to work without any issues.

In a situation where there's no off topic section or game section section on the forum and that content comes up, it's definitely a spam because it goes against what the forum is all about.

Maybe the OP needs to change his view on spamming, if you come across counting 1-100 or A-Z threads in a forum that is not spamming. Forums are not only for serious discussion, forums are also cool place to have fun. But of course spamming is a great issue on forums.
I get that forums should have some sort of relief but counting from 1-100 or A-Z doesn't seem like it offers anything meaningful to me.

Something like How was your day thread is something relaxing to have and it would add something better to the forum than just counting from 1-100.

I get that forums should have some sort of relief but counting from 1-100 or A-Z doesn't seem like it offers anything meaningful to me.

Something like How was your day thread is something relaxing to have and it would add something better to the forum than just counting from 1-100.
Everything does not have to be meaningful, at least on forums or even on social media. Forums are used by common people and they don't always have expertise to share useful and interesting information. Having this kind of threads drive activities.

I think that spamming is bad for many reasons. It could have a bad effect on the forum because the advertising networks usually do not like a website where spamming is a main issue. Having original content is the key to generate advertising revenue.

I usually don't have forum games count towards my forum's post count. It definitely comes off as spamming if the admin is constantly doing this every single hour, and not letting their members post. Even if the admin isn't the only one contributing to the forum, if there's no other content being posted it definitely comes off as spamming IMO. It doesn't look good for the forum, and could potentially affect your member count.

If the same member post multiple times on the same thread, it is of course spamming. However, if the members participate 1-2 times in the forum games, I think that should be fine.

Spam doesn't help in the long run because people don't show much interest in the platform because the content is recycled, but I think spam helps SEO, not how SEO normally works, but for the time being increases website traffic.

Spam doesn't help in the long run because people don't show much interest in the platform because the content is recycled, but I think spam helps SEO, not how SEO normally works, but for the time being increases website traffic.

Spam could be bad for search engine optimisation. I think the best way to deal with spam is to warn the spammers and tell them to stop posting spam links.

I have come across a couple of forums where there are threads like "Count from A-Z" or " Count from 1-100". This a pure spam the way I see it because such content doesn't add much value to the forum but only posts count. But I still see some forum owners allow it. Does it mean that it's got some benefits that I'm not aware of?
Spamming, in my opinion, is terrible for a multitude of reasons. It will have a negative impact on the forum because ad systems generally do not appreciate websites where spamming is prevalent.

Spamming will not give you any positive result instead, it will result to banning of your account. this is why It is always important and necessary to do things the right way.

I have never come across any plartform that allow spamming, all spam are deleted together with spam account. Can you please mention any that allow spamming? So I can see for myself?
Spamming will not give you any positive result instead, it will result to banning of your account. this is why It is always important and necessary to do things the right way.
Please in a case of network failure that leads to posting same content in a comment section of topic, is it also spam? Seeing your post has been matched?

On forums or even social media, not everything needs to have a purpose.
People from all walks of life use forums, and they don't always have the knowledge to contribute helpful and fascinating material.
Activities are driven by threads of this kind.

i do not like spamming at all, i believe it is very unethical and would not stand the test of time on the long run as it is covered in deceit which is not a good industry practice and can be counter productive

Sadly in a bid to generate lots of traffic or boost activity so to say, this happens a lot. It might pay in the short run but eventually it would fade and the after effects will be so devastating. It's up to forum moderators to ensure this doesn't happen.

Well, i gues it's safe to say that spamming content matters for traffic but not in the long run. This is because spam contents could be for fun and attract traffic but after sometime people might get tired of such contents because they aren't gaining anything from it.

Everything does not have to be meaningful, at least on forums or even on social media. Forums are used by common people and they don't always have expertise to share useful and interesting information. Having this kind of threads drive activities.
i believe that one thing most people want in a forum is traffic and if by posting regularly on their forum can give them the needed traffic, then they might spam content to keep their forum going.

If the same member post multiple times on the same thread, it is of course spamming. However, if the members participate 1-2 times in the forum games, I think that should be fine.
It depends of the thread, it could be spamming as it could be respond to one member and interact with another member or giving tricks, means even it could be one time participation but it is inappropriate advertising to a site with no relation to the thread itself.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds