Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Does Google now prefer short titles?

John_jony

Recognized member
Credits
We've noticed that Google favors shorter titles than a few months. Since we don't have that much data, we can't guarantee it. Does anyone know a tool to measure the length of a headline on a specific date, let's say for a site's top 100 articles? Or do you have your own data that will ensure short header length?

Advertisement Placeholder
I was wondering this myself. It seems like things have shifted a lot with what Google likes and doesn't like. My shorter titled blog articles and page titles seem to fair better out of nowhere. I am thinking of trying to cut a few short to see if things improve. I usually go based on keywords and try to stay below 8 words.

Google will show only 65 characters from your content title while displaying the content on the search result page. If your title is longer than 65 characters, instead of words google will show ellipses. Therefore, you will have to keep your title under 65 characters., The most important thing is your title should use long tail search terms.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds