Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Does Google ever remove a site due to low activity?

As long as the contents on the website are relevant to the search, Google might still list the website. Google only remove offenders and offensive contents. low activity may just affect the websites ranking on Google.

Advertisement Placeholder
Google don't remove website from the search engine. They only reduce in ranking for the targeted keywords. So it is important to update your website regularly with fresh content.

Low content is the problem of the owner. It means is the one that won't be making money. Google won't bother removing it except it violates Google law.

The main reason low click sites do not get banned because the searches are not much and they are not common. I don't think it will be wise to ban low click sites. only the obscene ones are banned or removed

Google can remove a website completely from Google search engine if they engage in shady tactics to build links and Gain rank. this is the reason why it is good to focus on good search engine optimisation strategy.

Google might pull down your site from its rank if the site is not getting much traffic, however, Google will never remove the site from its index unless the site is doing illegal business.

Google will not do this but sometimes if your post is a low quality content I think you will not be rank higher in the search engine optimisation and will be very difficult for people to have access to your website from Google... I've never heard of it before

I know Google pretty much lists every site out there, with some exceptions to offensive and obscene sites. But, what happens if someone's site is low on activity or never gets any? Does Google ever remove those sites from the search? Maybe it's been a site dead for years. Would it still be visible during in search? Or would it eventually be removed from the results?
I don't really think that it's something that's possible for Google to do because my own blog that's been inactive for years now is still active when I checked it.

I have not experienced this buy your rank might be pulled down if you are not getting traffic or if your website has not been updated for a while. But your site cannot be removed from Google just because there is no traffic.

In removing your site, you mean not indexing it? If so, then I agree. Not removing or not indexing in the real sense of the word but you'll not be ranked highly.
You might just find your site in the later pages which wouldn't be good for traffic.

Of course. Google do remove sites due to low activities. How do you expect them to keep your site in the search engines without benefiting from you. That's not possible.

I do not think that Google will remove your site, but if you have no visitor or content on your site, you may consider your website as non-existent on Google because it will not rank better on Google at all.

I know that Google would normally block sites that are not conforming to the rules and regulations of Google. This is the reason why it is always good to read the rules and regulations of site management.

The major reason why site is removed is dead or some terrorism's issue around the globe if a site get some subscription from evil site

Google do not remove your website from search engine unless you engage in shady back link building strategy. the only thing that can happen is that you will receive less free organic traffic if there is less activities on your website.

Considering the fact the website is own by one person not google,google still have the power to remove it,but only when you do something against the community standard of google.

I know that Google will not just remove a site just because there are low activity going on in the site. Google remove a site when the site break rules and maybe the security and privacy is not secure.

I believe Google has to remove offensive domains in term of not meeting the reqiurments ( Terms and condition and policies )

The website is your own personal property and therefore Google does not have any rights to remove it completely instead it will only rank very low
Google dont normally remove site due to low activities because I believe a website with low activities today can have high traffic tomorrow, but they only remove site that violates rules .

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds