Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Does Anyone Still Use SMF?

Belthazar

Loyal member
Credits
A few years back SMF seemed to have been a pretty popular software. Now I rarely see anything being made on it. Does anyone really still use it?

Advertisement Placeholder
I honestly thought they stopped development on the software and it became one of those ancient softwares; I really don't see why people would still use it, it's not really up to any modern standards now.

It is still a fast loading forum, the only problem is the theme but that can be changed.

I honestly thought they stopped development on the software and it became one of those ancient softwares; I really don't see why people would still use it, it's not really up to any modern standards now.
You should take a look at their beta of version 2.1, it's pretty much bringing that whole software into the more modern world with a new theme/style, features that people actually want, and a few other things that have been fully redone. I see SMF being used on more game related forums such as for clans, guilds, etc. than just for any other type of usage.

I very rarely now see anyone using SMF. I remember using once way back when I first starting creating forums and I could never get on with the software and as much as they released updates there never seemed to be any big changes and it always stayed so basic. I wasn't aware they were still around to be honest as I hadn't heard or seen anything of them for a long time. I will have to check it out again and see how much it's changed as I really do feel they were lacking a lot when it came to comparing to other forum software.

I remember seeing this around a lot before, now not so much. Personally, I never used it, thought about it a few times, but never made the plunge. Maybe I will take another look at it since it is being mentioned.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds