Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Does a smaller business mean smaller profits?

Before you focus on increasing profits, you have to know where you’re starting from. That means you need to know all of your costs. And don’t just calculate general expenses either. You also need to know how much your regular activities are worth to your business.
Pillar explained in an email interview with Small Business Trends, “Profitability isn’t rocket science — it’s about the relationship between revenue and expense. Getting a very accurate view of what’s referred to as “unit economics” — what the entire revenue and cost chain looks like at a micro level (e.g.: how much a minute of drive time costs, the revenue yield on a specific piece of machinery, etc.) — is essential to supporting the business. Getting clear, accurate and real-time
[automerge]1613110201[/automerge]
Before you focus on increasing profits, you have to know where you’re starting from. That means you need to know all of your costs. And don’t just calculate general expenses either. You also need to know how much your regular activities are worth to your business.
Pillar explained in an email interview with Small Business Trends, “Profitability isn’t rocket science — it’s about the relationship between revenue and expense. Getting a very accurate view of what’s referred to as “unit economics” — what the entire revenue and cost chain looks like at a micro level (e.g.: how much a minute of drive time costs, the revenue yield on a specific piece of machinery, etc.) — is essential to supporting the business. Getting clear, accurate and real-time

Advertisement Placeholder
Obviously, if you are investing less money, you will have less profit. In order to get more profit, your investment amount should also be higher I started trading cryptocurrency with thirty dollars but from time to time my income has increased and nowadays my profit is also increasing.
That is good to hear. The income and profit that you get is of course proportional to your investment, especially in the cryptocurrency world. If you look at it, a $10 investment rising by 10% is just a one dollar profit. Whereas with a 1000 dollar investment, rising by that same 10% is a $1000 profit in one day.

small business is not means that smaller amount of profit. it depend on managment how to manage your business , every man start business in small scale but her strggle make her business to produce more profit then he invest.

That is good to hear. The income and profit that you get is of course proportional to your investment, especially in the cryptocurrency world. If you look at it, a $10 investment rising by 10% is just a one dollar profit. Whereas with a 1000 dollar investment, rising by that same 10% is a $1000 profit in one day.
Seriously cryptocurrency is one of the biggest ventures one can invest in and stand a good chance to make good returns within a short period of time. My neighbor trades on bitcoin and BNB and for just 2 days he was able to gain over $5,000.

A smaller business doesn't mean your profit will be small or your income will be small, cause I know that in every small business there customers often come in and go, they have the fastest process of getting to meet up there target in the business by selling of there products as quick as possible.

A smaller business doesn't mean your profit will be small or your income will be small, cause I know that in every small business there customers often come in and go, they have the fastest process of getting to meet up there target in the business by selling of there products as quick as possible.
There is what's called business turn over in the act of buying and selling, once you have your own business turn over as fast as possible, then there is no limitation to your profit making. Even if you have small priced products, you will still make lots of profit.

Small businesses vary a great deal in terms of size, revenues, and regulatory authorization, both within a country and from country to country. Some small businesses, such as a home accounting business, may only require a business license.

Small businesses vary a great deal in terms of size, revenues, and regulatory authorization, both within a country and from country to country. Some small businesses, such as a home accounting business, may only require a business license.
Yes, the license for the small business is the key to making it legitimate and fully recognized by the country's government licensing office. This enables you to operate your own business in such a way that you can be able to take advantage of all the benefits the state offers to SME businesses.

No its very wrong there are some business you will do on a smaller scale and at the end of the day you will earn more than the money you used to start the business. But i think the money you will earn will not be much, but it will be more than what you used to start, which is pretty good.

A traditional assumption among managers has been that small businesses should basically use the same management principles that are just as small as large businesses. The basic premise of this hypothesis has been that small companies are like big companies, except that small businesses have fewer sales, fewer assets and fewer employees.

We will argue, though, that the volume of small businesses creates a special situation. What can be called resource poverty - which sets them apart from their larger counterparts and requires a few different approaches to management

A traditional assumption among managers has been that small businesses should basically use the same management principles that are just as small as large businesses. The basic premise of this hypothesis has been that small companies are like big companies, except that small businesses have fewer sales, fewer assets and fewer employees.

We will argue, though, that the volume of small businesses creates a special situation. What can be called resource poverty - which sets them apart from their larger counterparts and requires a few different approaches to management

Not at all..Alot of profit can be made from a small business..
Let's take for instance,bean cake (akara) has a lot of profit in it,not only that,zobo drink yields alot of profit too if you are consistent in it...It not about small business,it is how well u manage and commit to your business..
Hence,small business doesn't mean small profit..

Smallishness of a business doesn't mean the profit will be small, it all depends on the type of business that you are doing, every successful big businesses in the world all started small and grow bigger later with much determination.

Well, I'll say it is relative to the type of business and location. Generally, i dont think the big business necessarily mean bigger profit. Either big or small, it all depend on the level of patronage. There are some small business that make higher profit than big ones because profit depends on the level of patronage. The more the patronage, the higher the turnover.

To me the size of business determine the size of profit you make, someone with small business should not expect the same profit someone with big business. But sometimes it also depend on skills, ability and experience.

yes for sure, bigger businesses have higher profit but higher consumptions and bills to pay too, but that doesn't mean smaller businesses don't have bills to pay as well, so when calculating, you find out that bigger businesses are better

A traditional assumption among managers has been that small businesses should use essentially the same management principles as big businesses, only on a smaller scale.

When it comes to opening up a business, one of the thoughts that generally crosses our mind is whether to open up a big or a small business. Of course there are risks that are associated with each type of business, however does a smaller business mean that there is smaller profit margins as well?
thumbnail.jpg

All in App Purchases FREE
Best Games without Ads First 7 Days FREE then 25rs/week​

The reason that I am asking this is that if you have a smaller business then you generally keep fewer of the items in stock as well and therefore this means that when you are purchasing it from your supplier that you will purchase less as well. We all know that when you purchase a lot of a product from a supplier that you generally get it at a cheaper rate and this is often referred to as a bulk rate discount.
thumbnail.jpg

Click Here!
Find Banner ad Here!​
semp.net​

However, if you are preparing for a small business you may not be purchasing enough stock that can allow you to qualify for this discount. Therefore, it is either you have to mark up the cost much higher or you have to have a smaller profit margin so that you can still be competitive in the market. Which do you think is the better option?
You also need to meet the following requirements:
Headquartered in the U.S.
  • Operate primarily in the U.S.
  • For-profit venture
  • Independently owned and operated (not owned by a parent corporation)
  • A minority player in your industry (you don’t hold a major market share

When it comes to opening up a business, one of the thoughts that generally crosses our mind is whether to open up a big or a small business. Of course there are risks that are associated with each type of business, however does a smaller business mean that there is smaller profit margins as well?
thumbnail.jpg

Click Here!
Find Affiliate Here!​
semp.net​

The reason that I am asking this is that if you have a smaller business then you generally keep fewer of the items in stock as well and therefore this means that when you are purchasing it from your supplier that you will purchase less as well. We all know that when you purchase a lot of a product from a supplier that you generally get it at a cheaper rate and this is often referred to as a bulk rate discount.
thumbnail.jpg

Click Here!
Find Big businesses Here!​
semp.net​

However, if you are preparing for a small business you may not be purchasing enough stock that can allow you to qualify for this discount. Therefore, it is either you have to mark up the cost much higher or you have to have a smaller profit margin so that you can still be competitive in the market. Which do you think is the better option?
As we know, a small business can only make a small profit. But if you look, even a small business can make a big profit. According to the businessman's thinking if he thinks small So if a businessman thinks big, he can make a huge profit. That is why it is said that always think big.

Let us look at it this way. Profit should not be judge base on direct price but on percentage price. If I bought a pen for 20 naira and i sold it for 50 while my partner bought 5 pen for 100 and sold all for 190 naira. some will think he has made more profit than me which is not true. I have actually made higher %profit than him. So my answer is no. Overall profit can't be judge on scale of the business.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds