Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do your government charge self employed individuals operating on small scale business tax??

Sincerem

Captain Junkie
Credits
Every country have their way of charging taxes to individuals, companies and businesses in their respective demographic. I respect every bit of their decisions concerning tax, cos they generate revenue income through it. It helps improve the economy when add up with other income generated services. My country charges businesses that operates on a high level, tax. But small scale or mini businesses doesn't contribute to the tax levy. They will only enroll into the tax payment if their business becomes a registered and licensed one under the federal or state government bureau.

How do you own government act when it comes to taking taxes from mini/large businesses??

Last edited:
Advertisement Placeholder
I do not think so. But I know one thing for sure, whether directly or indirectly, we all pay tax. Government are supposed to allow small businesses grow to a large extent before proceeding to bill them for tax.
Tax are gotten from profit of a business and as such companies should be allowed to make reasonable profit before paying tax

In my country, small scale business don't pay direct tax. They only pay levh issue to them by the local government official of their buinsess location. However, if the business is registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission, then it will be charged by government.

tax evasion in my country is normal. Though I think there are tax charges for small scale businesses. I doubt if anybody pays. Tax payment only comes into play when seeking a government contract.

In my country, small scale business don't pay direct tax. They only pay levh issue to them by the local government official of their buinsess location. However, if the business is registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission, then it will be charged by government.
That's how it supposed to be. Small scale business/companies don't supposed to pay tax unless they are registered enterprise. Then it can be said otherwise that they will be paying levy to the government into protect their right and welfare.

Every country have their way of charging taxes to individuals, companies and businesses in their respective demographic. I respect every bit of their decisions concerning tax, cos they generate revenue income through it. It helps improve the economy when add up with other income generated services. My country charges businesses that operates on a high level, tax. But small scale or mini businesses doesn't contribute to the tax levy. They will only enroll into the tax payment if their business becomes a registered and licensed one under the federal or state government bureau.

How do you own government act when it comes to taking taxes from mini/large businesses??
If my government collect tax from individuals of small businesses? Of course they do as a matter of fact most of these taxes collected from the small business owners are not remitted to the government office they are rather embezzled

Different countries have different tax policies. In my country, small business owners pay tax. Although they once proposed tax holiday but indirect taxes were still effected.

I think they do because there are sometimes in my street that a certain government organisation will be going from shop to shop and to those people operating a small business asking them to pay some certain amount of money as tax. Some I've been collecting as a-town maintenance fee.

It depends, some they do you and some they Don't.
there are instances where small business owners are being charged tax based on local government level collectors on a daily basis and some on a monthly basis those that own a shop where they will pay taxes. But in most cases where there is no proper planning on the part of the government, most small business owners might escape paying such taxes and some paid double
[automerge]1611821658[/automerge]
It depends, some they do you and some they Don't.
there are instances where small business owners are being charged tax based on local government level collectors on a daily basis and some on a monthly basis those that own a shop where they will pay taxes. But in most cases where there is no proper planning on the part of the government, most small business owners might escape paying such taxes and some paid double

In my country,whether small scale business or large,everyone is charged to pay tax of which it is not supposed to be like that in my own opinion .
For small scale businesses should be given time to grow and gain good profit before made to pay tax.
But now we can't question our government decision

Definitely, the government in my country nigeria are charging and taxing small business owners even though the economy is not even favourable to any body still yet they still try as much as possible to milk out every penny in form of tax from small business owner. The problem is not even paying the tax but that most people don't see the effectivenes of the tax they are paying for.

If I'm not mistaken I think that I might go see the tax rate may be dependent on your level of income in the business and how much profit you are generating. Therefore it will vary depending on larger businesses and smaller businesses however unlike your country or businesses will be required to pay taxes. This is independent of your size of the business. In fact I think it is a legal requirement that you know sign up and that you register for taxes on your business.

Different countries have different tax policies. In my country, small business owners pay tax. Although they once proposed tax holiday but indirect taxes were still effected.

In my country the small business operating in the local community they pay levy as been directed by the local authority.most small business don't pay tax in my country. I think that aspect of tax is not that serious for small business and this can be an advantage to the small business success in it business environment. Small business carry their daily operations without paying tax.

I am in Nigerian and in my country small businesses pay tax and not just one form. Most times you are taxed by the federal government in form of income tax and then local government. Although there are few sectors that have exemptions on tax payable and some for just a few years before they eventually begin to pay.

Yes oo, I am surprise with the kind of Government we have, I remember visiting a friend money who sell by the road side in one of the Nigerian major cities, I was there when tax agent came harassing her for not paying her task, she sells just groundnut at the road site, a business with a very little capital, but government still collect tax.

Yes most small scale business here don't pay a direct tax levied on them by the government, but it is true they still pay indirect tax, any business that is not registered I don't think they pay a direct tax over here

Government charge all sorts of businesses in my country with most national company, small-scale business, even the micro economy. Even the unemployed are not left out in the tax saga. The unemployed and everyone in the country be indirect tax on every goods we buy because they all have VAT. The government of my country do not know anything done to milk the citizens out of every penny they own. The worst part of it is that little or nothing go back to the citizens.

Definitely, the government in my country nigeria are charging and taxing small business owners even though the economy is not even favourable to any body still yet they still try as much as possible to milk out every penny in form of tax from small business owner.

They do here in Nigeria. The thing is everyone does, for instance wen you buy something at the supermarket,on the receipt you'll see VAT which is a form of tax.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds