Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you view the Who's Online feature ?

Cedric

Captain Junkie
Administrator
Credits
As website and forum owners, we often focus on improving user experience and driving traffic to our sites. However, have you ever taken a moment to observe the "Who's Online" feature on your website? This tool shows you who is currently browsing your site in real-time, including their location and the pages they're visiting.

While it may seem like a minor detail, monitoring your website's traffic and engagement can provide valuable insights into your audience's behavior and interests. By regularly checking your "Who's Online" feature, you can gain a better understanding of your site's performance, including which pages are popular, where your traffic is coming from and going to.

Additionally, the "Who's Online" tool can help you identify potential issues with your site's performance or security. If you notice a sudden spike in traffic from an unusual location or a high number of users on a specific page, it could be a sign of a bot or spam activity that needs to be addressed. Much like @Cory has been having the last few days.

So, the question is, do you ever observe your "Who's Online" feature? Have you found it to be a useful tool for improving your website's performance and security? Join the conversation and share your experiences with fellow webmasters!

Yes, I view the Who's Online feature frequently. Mainly out of curiosity to see what people are viewing.

like @Cory has been having the last few days.
Our speculation is some topics were indexed into a search engine or posted on social media since it's a small handful of topics getting most of the attention.

I love having a look at Who's Online strictly just because I'm nosey and I like to see what everyone is up to. :ROFLMAO:

I always haunt Who's Online on a relatively new site to see where people are coming in - and if I happen to notice a lot of guests in case I need to update the bot detection again to add new bots. I have quite a list these days...

I always haunt Who's Online on a relatively new site to see where people are coming in - and if I happen to notice a lot of guests in case I need to update the bot detection again to add new bots. I have quite a list these days...
I wouldn’t want to be on your list good sir. 😅😂

I do observe my who's online feature yes. It's nice to see where traffic is coming from and also to see where users and even bots are checking out.

I wouldn’t want to be on your list good sir. 😅😂
I'm sure you wouldn't have a user-agent that marks you out to be a bot - you know, like Googlebot or Bingbot or any one of the weird other bots I have, just to ensure that I'm not misrepresenting the number of guests there are.

I'm not going to lie, I do this all the time whenever I see guests browsing my forums. I get curious and check their IP addresses to see if they're a spam bot or not. xD

I love to stalk members >.< so I always use this to see where they go.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor