Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you still use a physical database for your business?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
Do you still use a database for your business? I know most people have adapted to using computers, their phones, and through the internet, but would having a physical database be a good idea as a backup?

Advertisement Placeholder
Of course, storage devices like hard drives, flash drives are still physical based ( that's my opinion anyways). But information that I store in my physical journal or books is one that contains contact information about important clients. Yeah, I still do that.

I mostly don't use physical databases myself. I just store everything in my phone. I only write things down when I am making some short notes or when I am keeping something there before I transfer it to my phone.

The physical data base or the data book is still the safest.
Sometimes our phones, computer or drive may develope some malfunctioning but the data book will never do that, so it is still the best

Yes, I still make use of physical devices or means to store information regarding my business. Vital information such as clients' contacts and stock are always written down in a logbook in case I am unable to access it from the PC or drives.

I think it is best to have both, having a physical database could serve as a back up to the once stored digitally, should something happen. It is not always ideal to put your eggs in one basket.

I am yet to have a business of my own but I still work in a company. one thing I can say is that we no longer make use of physical database as we usually have our record on Microsoft DOS.

Well there are good number of people who still adopted to the system of physical databases including myself. this is because those electronics devices used for storage can be corrupted,damaged and even deleted sometimes but the physical can last very long.

Yes ooo I still do because it makes me have a mental picture of how my plan is and it makes things easier for me and so instead of putting it online I try to have a physical copy

I have see a lot of people maintain physical cash book. The daily transaction will remain in the cash book and later will be posted on computer ledger.

The problem with Internet database is that it can easily be hack by attackers but when there is a good security then it is one of the best and the most convenient, I don't have a business but when I have a good business I will rather prefer to use the internet because of how convenient it will be.

I think most companies are now making use of computer system to store their database. It can be very hard to retrieve data from old method of keeping files. I have different computer software that way do the job neatly.

Last edited:
Do you still use a database for your business? I know most people have adapted to using computers, their phones, and through the internet, but would having a physical database be a good idea as a backup?
I still use physical database for my business, both offline and online.
I just feel awkward without having a notepad where I pen down something, anything daily as regards my business.

Having a physical backup for storing data and information might be old fashion, but still very effective. It would be best you not only store your data online but also have a physical copy as well. This is to prevent cases of hacking or loss of data. Which one are you currently using?

Like a book where i can take records of transactions? yes, i still have that.
I have a big note book where i record all daily transactions of my business, i still transfer these records to my computer afterwards for security reasons.

In my business,we first of all have a physical database of all our business transactions before entring them into the computer for record purposes.this is a way of getting a hard copy of our business files.

I do not maintain any records manually, I don't maintain a physical databse, I store everything digitally, if possible store online so that I can retrieve whenever I want.

It is high time we started learning how to use the physical data base to back up our data. It is very important because the phones or computers could get damaged.

Well, physical database in business, has been something that had been very useful to almost all form of business, even with the increase in science and technology, with the use of computers, phones etc. it is still the best way of keeping records which can not be lost easily. unlike the use of phones and computers.

Yes, I find it more confidential using a record book because it would be less prone to harm and theft. I use a hardcover book to input my daily sales and I calculate my profit on a monthly basis.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds