Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you still use a physical database for your business?

Physical database is even up till now at the most easiest to read but are not that safe. This is why I also make digital copies and keep them in a flash drive for safety reasons.

Advertisement Placeholder
Although physical data can not be carried easily like the online I love physical data more because when you store things online and your phone is switched off what will you do? Physical data does not need any network connection or energy to power it

According to your question do I still use a physical database for my business,of course yes,I store it in physical database like, flash drive,memory card.

Of course, storage devices like hard drives, flash drives are still physical based ( that's my opinion anyways). But information that I store in my physical journal or books is one that contains contact information about important clients. Yeah, I still do that.
In as much as so many businesses are still making use of physical database to store their business data, it is always advisable to also upload your business data online because of the way technology has taken over everything.

Though online data base is good for storage of business information, but I don't think there is anything wrong if one decides to still have offline version of it like using flash drives, memory card, or even write it down. Personally, I have my contacts on both my Sim card and a written backup.

Yeah, I know most people now uses there computer, smart phones (digital base) database for there businesses but in countries like mine, I think it's preferable to use both the physical database for those that have not computer, smart phones, because it's not everyone that is a literate on that.

Yes, making use of physical devices or means to store information regarding my business is very essential to me. Vital information such as customers records and contacts, sales record and expenditure are usually store in database

Yes ooo I still do because it makes me have a mental picture of how my plan is and it makes things easier for me and so instead of putting it online I try to have a physical copy
As much as I have a faith school database for recording my business data or information I always have everything backed up online because if anything should happen to the physical database I would have something to fall back on.

I still believe that whatever moves online has a physical presence. Take a look at the. Banks for example, money transfers are now instant but still need to be collated and crosschecked by accountants and auditors.

Well, I think considering the influence of the modern technology, most people have adopted the use of computers and others but there are still some who make used of the former physical process of data inputment.

One of the easiest ways in computing and putting up data is the use of modern tools to do that and that is where some useful applications comes in to simplify things.But having a back up plan like the physical record is very important as well.

I understand that using of virtual and surveillance databases are now cheaper but then there is also not a 100% guarantee that everything is going to be completely backed up so I still try to keep relevant data using physical storage devices and updating them regularly.

Though my business has become more digitalized I still have a physical Database which I use to a record of my transaction too. As this could come in handy at times.

Do you still use a database for your business? I know most people have adapted to using computers, their phones, and through the internet, but would having a physical database be a good idea as a backup?
I am still one of the local business entrepreneurs in the sense that I uses almost all the data base as my back up because of unforseen circumstances that might happen on my computers and my phones, so using physical database is the first thing I use,

Physical databases are much more peculiar to employees and they are more easier to retrieve so I have a copy of physical databases and two copies of online and cloud storage databases.

A physical database is still the best, because it is not easy trying to keep things online because you may just get to lose it one day without ever getting to recover it .

Yes, most companies and organizations now do make use of database now to know the plan of the day, know wether there making profit or not and also use it for calculation and others.

You might think it is old school for one to have a physical data base for their documents and official correspondence, but let me assure you it is not. It makes having a backup of such files in hard copy a last resort. Anything can happen to those files online and your physical copies would save your day.

So many businesses presently do not have any need to use physical business records because a computer can eventually do that. Some people store important data in their computers and of course to an extent it is quite very secure.

Having database in a business is very important because it will help you to record all the things in the business, using database is very useful to your business.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds