Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Content Creation Do You Have Rules for Post Length

A prefix for threads focusing on the creation of content for websites and forums.
Credits
How long do you think a forum post should be? Do you have any rules? Well, on my forums, I do not have any rules for post length but in my posting guidelines I mention that the ideal length of posts and topics should be at least 40-50 words. This is just a suggestion and not a rule, though. I recommend users making 40-50 words post because I think the post needs to be of certain length to add value to the discussion.

Advertisement Placeholder
I don't.

As long as the content is relevant to where they're posting it and it adds to the community, then I am fine with any length.

I think when we start putting limits and requirements on things like that, we chase people away. I really try not to do that as much as possible.

Sometimes you have to have some limits but when you don't really need them, ditch them!

Not really. I experimented with it in the past, and it didn't work at all. People just added blatant filler in order to reach the limit - so it didn't actually improve the quality of the posts being made.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds