Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you gain or lose traffic every month?

Cedric

Captain Junkie
Administrator
Credits
Do you gain or lose traffic every month? What's your average ?

How popular your forum is goes a very long way in determining how much traffic you will be getting every day going to a month. Also, if there's some sort of benefits members get from being active on your forum, you can be rest assured of having increased traffic every month.

With me only just opening up my forums to the public these past few days I have seen some kind of increase in traffic but that is to be expected. I will be keeping an eye on it through the next month to see how the traffic is.

I keep a pretty consistent rate of traffic on my board, where I have around the same logins per day. I don't know what it's like on a monthly basis since I don't use a stat tracker like Google Analytics. It seems my board is generally more active on or near the weekend a lot of times.

I keep a pretty consistent rate of traffic on my board, where I have around the same logins per day. I don't know what it's like on a monthly basis since I don't use a stat tracker like Google Analytics. It seems my board is generally more active on or near the weekend a lot of times.
Is it not possible to use GA on Jcink? I think it's just a matter of copy & pasting a code snippet.

With me only just opening up my forums to the public these past few days I have seen some kind of increase in traffic but that is to be expected. I will be keeping an eye on it through the next month to see how the traffic is.
Getting a good number of traffic to your newly launched forum is the easy part. Where it gets difficult is sustaining the traffic you have while getting to add more to it. Traffic is more difficult to keep than to get in my opinion.

Getting a good number of traffic to your newly launched forum is the easy part. Where it gets difficult is sustaining the traffic you have while getting to add more to it. Traffic is more difficult to keep than to get in my opinion.
I agree. Most of the traffic, in the beginning, is people coming to check out the new site and see what there is to offer. Being able to keep that traffic and also keep bringing things to the site that will keep them interested is where it starts to get more difficult.

I agree. Most of the traffic, in the beginning, is people coming to check out the new site and see what there is to offer. Being able to keep that traffic and also keep bringing things to the site that will keep them interested is where it starts to get more difficult.
Indeed. That’s the general trick here. People are always hyped for something new, both in real life as in forums. But to keep them interested in coming back and engaging on a frequently basis is where it gets tricky. So it always better to consistently provide new content for the members, offer them incentives and challenges.

The traffic depends on how users interracting with the content.
With Quality content users will interact. With bad content, your users will not interact, no visits, no traffic.
Just my opinion.

The traffic depends on how users interracting with the content.
With Quality content users will interact. With bad content, your users will not interact, no visits, no traffic.
Just my opinion.
There’s definitely a lot of truth in your post. :)

Yeah, I have seen that happen with so many forums over some years now and it's not always a good taste in the mouth of the owner seeing the traffic go up in smoke after a time. They will need more work to keep the traffic. It's never easy to run a forum to be on top flow.

Yeah, I have seen that happen with so many forums over some years now and it's not always a good taste in the mouth of the owner seeing the traffic go up in smoke after a time. They will need more work to keep the traffic. It's never easy to run a forum to be on top flow.
This is very true, forums nowadays are not as easy to run as they used to be and you do need to put in more work now than you used to have to to make it a success.

Ours is pretty consistent. It isn't alot but we only have a small general interaction section as we are primarily a graphics support site. We have never really been ones to concern ourselves to much on traffic stats. People will visit us or they won't really.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor