Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Do you feel secure about who you are?

Advertisement Placeholder
I've always been insecure about who I am, primarily because I have had mental health issues throughout my life. I avoid making friends or getting into relationships because I feel I'll just be judged based on my mental health issues. Also, being harrassed off and on throughout life has given me the mindset that humans are crappy people oftentimes and that makes me even more insecure about myself because I feel like I'll just be harassed or abashed if people got to know the ins and outs of my life. I'm not much of a people person and most of my insecurities are based around people.

See, this is a hard question for me to answer because on one hand, I am pretty secure in the person that I have become. I've always been a weird mix of way too outspoken in certain circles/with certain people and then shrinking into myself around others. I'm also not a people person and not that fond of being around others. I know it's not a popular opinion but those quarantine days were the best of my life; I loved that everything started to deliver and when I did have to go out, it was quiet and mostly devoid of human life. Kinda like a post apocalyptic fantasy but without the fear that something catastrophic had happened.

It was just quiet and empty and I really loved that.

I hate going out anywhere with people and I'm not big on nature. My favorite places are big cities with gardens or large parks. I'm fine with walking casual trails but I hate going all-out into nature, if that makes sense. A lot of my traits directly contradict themselves (and this is another reason why I grew frustrated with the RPC; they don't believe that a person can be two things at once...)

Anyway, on the other hand, I hate myself. I have days where I literally don't move from under my blanket all day. For hours. I know I have things to do, that I need to get up, shower, clean the house, eat... But I just don't. Those days, I feel like hot garbage and I feel like all the things that I'm supposedly good at are wasted on me. Those are the days where I feel defective, useless, hopeless, and there is nothing in the future to look forward to. When I feel that way, I can't make myself do anything, and it makes me feel more useless, etc.

But when I'm feeling like myself, I've learned to be me, no apologies. Dancing around, singing even though I suck at it, proud of myself for not wearing makeup or feeling like I "have" to follow the crowd because it's what everybody else is doing. I've never been drunk and I'm proud of that. I have no interest in partying hard, going to clubs and raves, or bars and pubs. My favorite date ever was building gingerbread houses!

So it's a bit of both. If mental health isn't weighing me down and making me feel worthless, I'm pretty secure.

I feel like I'm pretty secure. I have my insecure moments - which I think can be fairly common. When we have these moments it keeps us humble in a way. My most insecure moment happened recently when my students noted how I was eating popcorn... and it just really rubbed me wrong. Not sure why I would let 10-12 year olds words hurt me... I guess because I've never heard them be rude before. D:

I'm not 100% secure with myself at the moment. I'm about 75% there, I'm definitely more confident now than I was in early 2020 or any year prior to that. I know once I get the surgery I need to fully be who I am, I'll feel 100% secure about myself. But that's going to take a good amount of money to get there unfortunately.

Last few days, not at all. Life is not going the way I want it to be. It's annoying and I hate how I feel.

Work's good, I have a house, car, good friend group and I wish that would be enough but nope, I'm lacking something extra. How that void needs to be filled is something I need to figure out but lack motivation to do so. Think I might be going through some kind of episode of some mental health issues. Or just some winter blues, who's to say.

The last few months I've realized I really miss who I was before I got into my toxic relationship. And getting back to who I was is a struggle. I've been crazy nostalgic and tried getting in touch with people from before that time but no success. I feel lost. I'm but a fraction of who I was and want to be.

Yes, I feel secure about who I am. I have confidence in my abilities, values, and personality. I believe in continuous self-improvement of my strengths and weaknesses. Overall, I am quite content and always open to growth and learning. I literally fear nothing apart from losing my loved ones. 😊

No. For the most part, I have struggled being happy with who I am and I do not like what I look like. I've been insecure for most of my life. I really had to find myself again after my divorce. I will say that I have come a long way to trying to be a better person.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 22 81.5%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds