Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you feel like most backlinks are paid?

Jason

Royal member
Website
drummerlesson.com
Credits
They're not supposed to be. Well, Google, and other search engines also probably, punish paid links with low rankings. Anyway, a big problem with spotting paid backlinks is maybe the sheer difficulty, but I don't think that's the case. In fact, I don't think most backlinks are paid, cause I think it would be found out. Do you all agree? What have you observed?

I think a lot of them are paid in not so obvious ways.

I sell sponsored content on my blog. It includes do-follow links for the buyer. However, I'm super picky about who I sell it to. I reject 9 out of 10 requests even if that means I lose a good financial opportunity.

It has to be relevant. It has to be high-quality. It has to be valuable.

Or it doesn't get on my blog...

I believe that many backlinks are paid even though it is not made obvious at all.

I do know that search engines penalize for paid backlinks as I believe it is a form of what they call Black Hat SEO.

Well, I have many thousands of backlinks, including one from the NY Times, and I have paid for zero of them.
Same here. I don’t see a point of spending a dime on a backlink that I can get for free and more than likely of better quality. I have links from various social media sites, other related websites and various other websites. I’ll continue to build backlinks the organic and cheap way.

Ideally, backlinks should come from other sites because the sites find your site awesome. However, of course, ha ha, that's a really powerful feat to obtain.

Ideally, backlinks should come from other sites because the sites find your site awesome. However, of course, ha ha, that's a really powerful feat to obtain.
It’s not that hard if you’re building them on social media. You can easily build them on tumblr, quora, reddit and twitter.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest