Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Do you ever log into forums you haven't visited for awhile?

Beverly

Renowned member
Credits
About eight years ago, I was a very active member of a work at home forum for moms. This forum was very busy and had a great following. I had around 300 posts there and marketed my sites very well. At some point, I became inactive on the forum and forgot my login details. Just recently, I found the login details on a piece of paper tucked into a notebook. Now I'm wondering if I should try to revive that account as there are many useful posts there or just start another account from scratch. On one hand, the posts there were good, but also they're very old and don't have current information on the sites I'm involved with. So going back to post now, would give an inaccurate picture of what I'm into now. Also, there might be questions as to why my last post was so long ago. What would be the best idea?

Advertisement Placeholder
I've done this. I've had two forums disappear though - one I hadn't been to in years and when I tried to look it up, it had been shut down. Another, I would check in every year or so but it was almost dead, and then one day it just wasn't there.

There are a lot of sites I belong too and don't visit very often, surprised some of them are still going.

I've done this. I've had two forums disappear though - one I hadn't been to in years and when I tried to look it up, it had been shut down. Another, I would check in every year or so but it was almost dead, and then one day it just wasn't there.

One of my favorite general chat sites started dying and that's what inspired me to open up my own forum. I wanted a place that was similar for me and my friends to hang out. Later, I went back to the original site that had inspired mine and there was literally no one on the site. It was really sad to see that forum go down hill.

Of course. I usually sign up on others websites to help them out. Make a few posts, let it be for a little bit, then come back.

Well, if you go back now, you'll be seen as a veteran on the forums, even though you might not have been active the whole time, and that can be a good thing. If it's the forum I'm thinking of, WAHM, it's got a lot of very good tips on jobs you can do from home, but you have to really pick and choose and do your homework on some of them. I learned of a few jobs on there, but they didn't pay very much.

Usually not unless I really miss the site. There are some sites that I used to be a member of that I loved the forum but then it got sold and the forum just was not the same anymore!

Domain activities and domain age is really important! New users may want to talk to you to share your experiences and your shared links will be trusted. I have forum on which i am not active but sometimes log on just updates my information and perhaps interact with new posts.

Hmm that's a good question. Once in a blue moon I log back into my old general discussion forum. But other than that, if I haven't been on GamingForce or ForumPromotion I will log back into and try to become an active member again :) It's fairly easy for me because I like posting .

I've revived many old accounts on forums which I have not visited in ages. Unless I'm going by a different username on forums and the forum doesn't allow name changes, then I will most likely create a new account. Sometimes I enjoy using an old account so you can look back on the past and laugh at how some of your posts used to be like.

Sometimes when I am getting back into an old hobby, I find a forum that I was a part of back in the day. It is interesting going back and seeing what things have changed and what stayed the same.

I always revisit forums who host competitions with awesome prizes such as this one.

Yep, sneaky but that's what's happening right here right now. :p

I have visited forums I haven't visited for a while, just to find that they've pretty much died.

I guess most forums don't live for long.

I tend to do this if I ever get an email from a forum I forgot about or if I find login details to a forum I have not been on in a while. I usually tend to go back on and post under the account I always used myself as owners of forums always love to see old members come back no matter how long it's been. I suppose it would not matter how long you have been gone or what things have changed, they would probably just be happy to see an old member back and willing to be active :)

I try logging into the forums I haven't visited for a long time.

Sometimes nice to see what they did new.

If I have an old account, I am likely to log in using that account. I really do not feel like creating another account.

I do from time to time with some communities. Most of the forums I was on are either closed or of no interest any more. I have recently visited here again after a couple of years though.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds