Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you ever have issues with procrastination in work?

Procrastination is something that I have always battled with for a long time now. I am now beginning to look for a way I can arrange my to do list in such a way that I do not have to leave it for later.
One strategy that helps me avoid procrastination is to break tasks down into the smallest parts, then you focus on the time it will take to complete each task. For example, if you need to learn 10 chapters a month, how long will it take you to read a page?

Break it down and then focus on achieving that one page only in the time it will take. If possible, reward yourself for completing the task.

Advertisement Placeholder
It happens to me a lot of time. I will want to rest by going through my phone for latest news but before I know I would have been stuck at Tiktok and facebook watching videos.

That's why I don't take my phone beside me now when I'm working.

The act of procrastination sometimes leads to laziness at work and even when you are at home , you leave the chores you are supposed to handle by postponing it everytime thereby affecting you in the near future .
That's true, normally procrastination will have a negative impact in your life, if you want to be successful you are not expected to have that spirit.

Procrastination is one of the major issues encountered in working online from the comforts of your house.
Sometimes the comfort zone is associated with procrastination.

Procrastination is one of the major issues encountered in working online from the comforts of your house.
Sometimes the comfort zone is associated with procrastination.
You're right about this and I can't agree less. When you're in your comfort zone, you will tend to be more lazy and procrastinate every single time. I think I know this because I have been a victim.

You're right about this and I can't agree less. When you're in your comfort zone, you will tend to be more lazy and procrastinate every single time. I think I know this because I have been a victim.
This is true, that is why I try as much as possible to limit distractions in the place am working and I usually do that by going to a solitary place , it really helped me alot.

Seriously , being able to stick to your plans and concentrate on what you are interested to do is not easy , even when there are so many ways you could be distracted , most especially from your friends and families

I have also noticed that many people also get distracted by family members as well. Many people get distracted as their family members also criticise them and this is something many people usually face.

This is true, that is why I try as much as possible to limit distractions in the place am working and I usually do that by going to a solitary place , it really helped me alot.
Another way you can help with it is to have a daily target that you must achieve and consider yourself a nuisance to yourself if you fail to miss it even for a day. The thought of that would always give me a push.

Another way you can help with it is to have a daily target that you must achieve and consider yourself a nuisance to yourself if you fail to miss it even for a day. The thought of that would always give me a push.
The solitary place I am talking about could be my room or any other place in which I will not easily be distracted by anyone. Exactly , sometimes not every day that I will be able to achieve my set goal as sometimes certain responsibility will unveil itself.

I have also noticed that many people also get distracted by family members as well. Many people get distracted as their family members also criticise them and this is something many people usually face.
All these things requires understanding most especially by family members . Everybody have the right to have peace of mind and to seek freedom . I don't see it as anything bads if someone choose to focus online and stay isolated.

One of the things I have noticed with myself is that at least a few times daily I will have issues with procrastination and even though I have tasks that I need to complete and goals that I need to reach and targets to hit, I will instead find myself sitting on my phone scrolling TikTok or just going onto say Twitter and scrolling through there. In some cases, it will be that I will turn to a game on my phone or on my Xbox instead.

I have got better at staying focused on my tasks and my work but I do have some times when I lapse and will end up going off and doing something else instead of what I am supposed to be doing.

Of course. I struggle with procrastinating but I'm still working on it by applying some techniques including the Pomodoro technique and deep work as well. That way, I'm able to achieve something everyday
One of the things that i ususlly do and employ to make sure that my work does not pile up is to plan ahead,i know that this is one of the major concern that i have at some point in time.

The solitary place I am talking about could be my room or any other place in which I will not easily be distracted by anyone. Exactly , sometimes not every day that I will be able to achieve my set goal as sometimes certain responsibility will unveil itself.
That's very correct. I would also prefer to work from home but the online market have made it very possible to work from literally anywhere. There are times that emergencies would pop up and your priorities at that point would change.

You are right, I always set a target too and it has helped me to remain consistent despite all difficulties. Sometimes even if the motivation is lost I would just make it compulsory to finish my tasks

Procrastination is something that I have had to deal with for the better part of my online working experience. Instead of doing the work and reaching my goals, I am destructed by my phone, watching a movie, playing a game or watching funny YouTube videos. Recently, I learnt that instead of tolerating or trying to deal with those distractions, eliminate them. So I have uninstalled YouTube and games on my phone. Then I only watch movies minimally daily.

It happens to me a lot of time. I will want to rest by going through my phone for latest news but before I know I would have been stuck at Tiktok and facebook watching videos.

That's why I don't take my phone beside me now when I'm working.
Phones in general and social media is a major distraction of so many peoples around the world . You can easily get distracted by social media and mobile phone than most other things in life. Lolz, we have to be disciplined against all these things.

Are there any times where you procrastinate during work? Like instead of actually doing work, instead you're stuck on tiktok watching videos, or you're off playing games on your phone or pc. How do you deal with procrastination? Does it cause issues with work? Or do you mostly keep it in check?
I put away all those things that interrupt me while working, I don't want interruptions while I am working because this will ruin my focus, jobs and tasks need focus.

Procrastination is something that I really dealt with when I was younger because of how is usually come about. I am not happy that I am able to deal with it more and I now have a balanced schedule.

Procrastination is something that I have had to deal with for the better part of my online working experience. Instead of doing the work and reaching my goals, I am destructed by my phone, watching a movie, playing a game or watching funny YouTube videos. Recently, I learnt that instead of tolerating or trying to deal with those distractions, eliminate them. So I have uninstalled YouTube and games on my phone. Then I only watch movies minimally daily.
This is something that I too had to overcome so I can earn better online and make a judicious use of my time online. Procrastination for me comes in the form of weakness, that is, whenever I plan to work online it would seem as though my device is too heavy to carry and my whole body has lost its strength.

That's very correct. I would also prefer to work from home but the online market have made it very possible to work from literally anywhere. There are times that emergencies would pop up and your priorities at that point would change.
When trying to make money online, I am always and very important to be disciplined on your areas of concentration as there are so many things that are said I will easily divert your attention. Such as sports

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds