Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you ever go home before your employees?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
If you're an employer running your own business, do you ever go home before the employees or do you usually let them go home first before you go home? I don't think it matters who goes home first, just curious about those who have their own business and whether or not they let their employees stay at work without you being there.

Advertisement Placeholder
One of the best practices I learned from an uncle who is a civil servant is, he never leaves the office except his boss leaves first. Even when his boss has extra activities in the office, he would wait for his boss to go first.

When I was running an offline business, I was the last person to go home. MY staff was working to get a fat check, however, I was working to raise my child. Therefore, I cared about my business and worked long hours. Interestingly, when you are sincere about your business, some of your staff members will also try to impress you by working additional hours, in the hope to get better pay or promotion.

Personally I think it's possible to go home before your employee though it depends on the kind of jobs you do.
Actually if my working hours has ended, the only thing left is to go home.

Personally I think it's possible to go home before your employee though it depends on the kind of jobs you do.
Actually if my working hours has ended, the only thing left is to go home.
It's not that too good you should be the one to open and close your business for me my business is at home I need to settle and shutdown all p.c I own myself before I sent my employee home for the safety of my business

I'm not a boss our boss at least leaves when he wants and he does not really cares about that

As long as the time for me to close work have reached, I don't have any business waiting for the business owner to go home. I will simply close the sales for the day and make arrangements on how to go home. The owner can decide to lock his business whenever he/she is ready to go.

There are many bosses you tend to make you wait for a long time, even when your shift timing are over! This happened to me where I used to work. The manager used to never allow a person to go home without giving a lengthy lecture about performance. It was about a 30 minute long lecture.

There are many bosses you tend to make you wait for a long time, even when your shift timing are over! This happened to me where I used to work. The manager used to never allow a person to go home without giving a lengthy lecture about performance. It was about a 30 minute long lecture.

As long as I'm not the one who is supposed to lock up shop whenever the business of the day is done I will not wait for anyone as far as my shift is over.
I will simply packing my bag and go home and the person that is going to lock up the shop will lock it up when the time is right. It's not my business at all.

One of the best practices I learned from an uncle who is a civil servant is, he never leaves the office except his boss leaves first. Even when his boss has extra activities in the office, he would wait for his boss to go first.

This is strange and unethical to me. So, if my boss has to stay through the night at the office, I should be there with him? We all have other priorities aside working in the office and I can't even want to believe that my boss will frown at me closing once it is time to close from work.

This is strange and unethical to me. So, if my boss has to stay through the night at the office, I should be there with him? We all have other priorities aside working in the office and I can't even want to believe that my boss will frown at me closing once it is time to close from work.
If I'm done with my work and there are no other official obligations keeping me in the office, I won't keep staying because my boss is still around. It's his business, he can decide when to go or better still sleep in his office. My boss have done it once, I was surprised though.

It’s a normal thing for my boss to leave before everybody I the office, the same way it is very expected by him for the whole office to wait for him because he is still in the office and it can be very annoying because he tends to come when he feels like and make everyone stay till he is ready to leave.

It’s a normal thing for my boss to leave before everybody I the office, the same way it is very expected by him for the whole office to wait for him because he is still in the office and it can be very annoying because he tends to come when he feels like and make everyone stay till he is ready to leave.
It will be an inhuman treatment to force your workers to stay back and wait for you when their work is done until you're ready to leave. If the time I'm being kept in the office as a result of this is more than 1 hour and I'm not being paid for the extra hour, I will quit the job.

When it comes to how I am managing my poultry farm, I don't keep any of my workers beyond the time they are supposed to stay in the farm as long as they are finish what they are supposed to do for the day, they are free to go home.

If I want to stay longer hours and inspect some other things that I need to do in my farm, I'm going to do it without having to force my workers to stay back.

If I'm done with my work and there are no other official obligations keeping me in the office, I won't keep staying because my boss is still around. It's his business, he can decide when to go or better still sleep in his office. My boss have done it once, I was surprised though.

Normally, companies usually may not want workers to stay in the office after their shift is over. This is because after workers go home, management has many other duties to perform. They may not want to do that in front of workers and other lower-level employees.

Normally, companies usually may not want workers to stay in the office after their shift is over. This is because after workers go home, management has many other duties to perform. They may not want to do that in front of workers and other lower-level employees.
Whatever they are interested in doing whenever my work shift is done isn't my business and I'm not interested in finding out. I will only stay back if a colleague who I'm in a good relationship with ask me to cover for his or her shift for some hours before they arrive.

Whatever they are interested in doing whenever my work shift is done isn't my business and I'm not interested in finding out. I will only stay back if a colleague who I'm in a good relationship with ask me to cover for his or her shift for some hours before they arrive.

Well, there might be certain exceptions. There are many employees who tend to do overtime in many offices. This is because they have to work more and make more money. This is why they may have no problem staying in the office after shift timings are over.

Well, there might be certain exceptions. There are many employees who tend to do overtime in many offices. This is because they have to work more and make more money. This is why they may have no problem staying in the office after shift timings are over.
My decision to stay back when my shift is over is going to made by me because I wanted to stay and not because my boss is in the office. Some workers have so much fear for their employer when they shouldn't. If you have done your job, your boss doesn't have any right to push you around.

I'm really not a boss to anyone but I don't see what's wrong with that. I think managers handle the least strenuous work in the company and yet they get the highest pay. Once they notice that the day is going well, they probably will go home first.

The boss should be the last to go leave the office or workplace. Staying back would allow you to check all the record books and find out any irregularities and things you need to correct...

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds