Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you enjoy promoting your forum or site ?

Cedric

Captain Junkie
Administrator
Credits
I was just wondering how many of you enjoy promoting your forum. For me, I have to admit that I find it to be both exciting and challenging. On one hand, it's great to see your community grow and attract new members. On the other hand, it can be difficult to get the word out and make your forum stand out in a crowded online space.

So, what about you? Do you enjoy promoting your forum? And if so, do you have any tips to share with the rest of us?

I found it the most difficult thing with owning a forum. Having to remember where I posted and the rules for bumping topics for every forum.

I think you really do need to put a lot of effort into promoting your forum if you want it to be successful, so if you don't enjoy it, then maybe you need to rethink whether or not you want to open a forum.

Like you said, it can be difficult to get your forum to stand out in the crowd, but that's when you need to get creative. Come up with quirky advertising campaigns and slogans, engaging and vibrant images to promote with, take advantage of various resource boards and social media to spread the word. I think planning and organising that would be quite enjoyable and rewarding.

I really enjoy being able to promote my forum and then seeing all my hard work pay off by seeing the traffic increase, the member base increase and the content keep flowing. Sometimes promoting and doing everything you need to get your forum out there in as you say, such a crowded place can be very challenging and you will have days when things do not always go as you hoped but when you start to see results, it makes it all worth it.

Maybe to an extent depending on the type of promotion I'm doing, but for the most part, it can be a real challenge to continuously promote your board to keep guests interested enough to join. Sometimes it feels like you run out of options even though there are endless options out there.

I promote not because I enjoy doing it, I promote because I have to for building traffic and revenue. However, I do enjoy working on my sites.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor