Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Do You Edit Users Posts?

Credits
Generally speaking, I do not edit users' posts as I try to exercise freedom of expression. However, users are expected to follow content policy. I do not remove posts as long as there is some interesting information. However, if the post contains something that violates my content policy (a link to a suspicious site, for instance), I will edit that post.

Advertisement Placeholder
You generally shouldn't edit users' posts unless they violate forum rules - if nothing else it's kinda rude.

No, I think it's bad practice to edit users posts. Not unless it violates the rules. If it's anything else than that, it shouldn't be done. They will most likely find out sooner or later and find it offensive and may end up leaving the forum.
Yup, they will. I've seen mods/staff do it before to users posts, then the user smarted up and figured it out. It's super bad practice and makes the staff team look bad IMO.

I do remember one genius staff member who would habitually edit other peoples' posts because he got confused between edit post and reply-with-quote...

Generally no. If the post has rule-breaking content, like NSFW items, the whole post is generally removed. If it has personal information that I feel should not be given out publicly, then I may edit it out of the post for the user's best interest.

I only edit users' posts if it is needed or necessary, sometimes people can say something that you really can not have on your forum and due to that, as an owner of a forum, you do have to take action and remove certain things from posts.

The only other time I will edit a post that is someone else's is for example if I am part of a package team like here on Admin Junkies and I may need to edit another user's post if they were the ones who posted the accepted topic and I need to update the number of posts and topics I have completed on the forum.

The only time I will is if they post P.I.I or links to specific sites which we prohibit. So basically anyone who breaches the rules which we have relatively few of.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds