Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you customize your theme?

Cedric

Captain Junkie
Administrator
Credits
XenForo has over 100 themes by various brilliant designers available in the Resources. Where InvisionCommunity has only over 35 themes in their Marketplace. Do you often feel that the premade theme is not 100% your thing ? And so do you have skills to customize the themes to your style and liking ? Or do you pay for theme customization by someone else? What have you done to your current premade theme ?

Some theme designers allow edits to their work while others don't. I generally did little to no customizations with premade themes in the past because I picked a theme I was very satisfied with. Changing the colors, unless it's like a more readable text color, often doesn't look as good as what the theme designer chose. I remember someone basically did a total do-over of one of Helena's designs and her reply was that they basically butchered it, she wasn't happy at all with their changes.

Of course... I customise my themes all the time!

Most of the ones I've made are based on BootBB (a free responsive theme released under a CC BY-SA licence, so I can use it as a base for my own themes as long as I give them credit). I started working with that theme four years ago - and since then, it's been modified quite extensively (for example, I recently overhauled it to have a more table-like structure, because I wasn't a fan of the Bootstrap-style appearance with everything in columns :p )

I definitely customise. I've done things like porting WordPress themes to non-WordPress platforms in the past, that's always a wild ride.

I don't think I've ever shipped a site using any theme that came completely and exactly as its creator gave it to me.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest