Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you allow staff to play music at work?

In no offline job I've ever worked on have staff been allowed to listen to music while they're working I don't see it as professional, I think in some jobs they may have background music while they're working, like in a kitchen or a clothing store, etc, but in most jobs that's just a distraction for the staff.

In online jobs logically there is no one to prevent you from working with background music, but I still think it is a distraction, I think that when you are working you have to be focused on what you are doing and not have noise or music playing.

Advertisement Placeholder
In no offline job I've ever worked on have staff been allowed to listen to music while they're working I don't see it as professional, I think in some jobs they may have background music while they're working, like in a kitchen or a clothing store, etc, but in most jobs that's just a distraction for the staff.

In online jobs logically there is no one to prevent you from working with background music, but I still think it is a distraction, I think that when you are working you have to be focused on what you are doing and not have noise or music playing.

I would say that unless it is a business that is in the line of being music related, then there is always a good chance of employees being allowed to play music because that is what the business is all about. But in a situation whereby the businesses don't have anything to do with music, the only time an employee can be allowed to play music is going to be during break time.

I would say that unless it is a business that is in the line of being music related, then there is always a good chance of employees being allowed to play music because that is what the business is all about. But in a situation whereby the businesses don't have anything to do with music, the only time an employee can be allowed to play music is going to be during break time.
Exactly, that would be logical, or as I mentioned in my previous post, in some stores you can have background music, such as clothing stores, souvenir shops, and similar shops, but I don't think that in an office environment, it is normal to have music playing, I would say that in most jobs having music playing in the background is a distraction.

Exactly, that would be logical, or as I mentioned in my previous post, in some stores you can have background music, such as clothing stores, souvenir shops, and similar shops, but I don't think that in an office environment, it is normal to have music playing, I would say that in most jobs having music playing in the background is a distraction.

Exactly, the nature of the business is definitely going to determine what's going to hold up in the business. Once it's a business that needs music to sell well, it's going to be a must to have music playing there because it's going to make the whole business environment more lively.

Yeah, that's very correct. As far as I'm concerned, I believe that anything that my employees really want to do during their break time as long as it doesn't go against the company's policy, it's always welcomed because it is their break time and they have the right to use it whichever way they want. If it's music that they decide to play, there is nobody who is going to stop them from doing that.

I may never allow my staff members to play music at work. This is because they may get distracted if they listen to music and getting distracted at work is never a good thing. They can make mistakes and this is why music should be avoided.

I may never allow my staff members to play music at work. This is because they may get distracted if they listen to music and getting distracted at work is never a good thing. They can make mistakes and this is why music should be avoided.

Well, when you're convinced that's the best thing to do in your business, I believe that there's nothing anyone can do about it. All of your employees will be forced to comply in this kind of business situation. Hell, no one is going to choose playing music over their job. When they get home, they can play all the music they want.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds