Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you allow staff to play music at work?

Advertisement Placeholder
Of course many companies would not allow a person to do that. However, I have seen music being played in one such kind of company, and it was a multi-national company! They played music at a really low volume and I also saw one employee listening to music as well. So, it depends on the company and conditions.

Of course many companies would not allow a person to do that. However, I have seen music being played in one such kind of company, and it was a multi-national company! They played music at a really low volume and I also saw one employee listening to music as well. So, it depends on the company and conditions.

I think you are very correct with this assessment of companies allowing playing of music in their business environment to depend on the nature of the business that they are carrying out. This is because when I was working in a sex toy company, they are actually allowed playing of music everyday, because it goes with the mood of the business.

If I had my own business with employees, it would depend. If they have their own office or cubicle away from most staff, I might be okay with it. But if it's an office job or a job where people work close together, playing music may not be good, or get a curated playlist to please all staff. Because otherwise, you're going to end up getting complaints about the music.

If I had my own business with employees, it would depend. If they have their own office or cubicle away from most staff, I might be okay with it. But if it's an office job or a job where people work close together, playing music may not be good, or get a curated playlist to please all staff. Because otherwise, you're going to end up getting complaints about the music.

Also another thing to put into consideration is that people like different kind of music which is going to be very hard for someone to play a music that is going to be enjoyed by every other person in the same working space. I believe it is best to cut out such kind of distraction that is going to cause a problem.

We are not allowed to listen to music from headphones or on our own, but there is always some kind of music playing in the background for us. There are some good songs playing from time to time.

Music can be considered an entertainment and also it helps people to relax. It can also cause distraction at workplace depending on the kind of music played.

Do you allow music to be played at your workplace by staffs?
I don't really have my own staff, but if I did, music would not only be allowed, it would be a given.
I love stores with music playing in the background, as long as it isn't dumb music.
Also, I'd take it easy on the Christmas music during the Holidays .. maybe every other song.

I don't really have my own staff, but if I did, music would not only be allowed, it would be a given.
I love stores with music playing in the background, as long as it isn't dumb music.
Also, I'd take it easy on the Christmas music during the Holidays .. maybe every other song.

It is a very good point what you mentioned about having the music being played in the background in such a way that is not going to cause any kind of noise or distraction to those that are working. This way makes it easy to enjoy the music.

I once had a restaurant and the staff could play music of their choice. They could play that music as long as the customer did not complain. When I was running a publication, I preferred silence, so no one played music loudly.

It is a very good point what you mentioned about having the music being played in the background in such a way that is not going to cause any kind of noise or distraction to those that are working. This way makes it easy to enjoy the music.

Bosses may generally try to avoid things that may distract their employees. If music is continuously played in a business place, then employees may get distracted and this is why they may never play music, especially when the nature of work requires employees to focus on work.

Bosses may generally try to avoid things that may distract their employees. If music is continuously played in a business place, then employees may get distracted and this is why they may never play music, especially when the nature of work requires employees to focus on work.

Whenever workers are distracted by something that is always going to affect their productivity whenever they are working, it is why most entrepreneurs are always against allowing their workers to play music or do any other thing that is going to deviate their minds from the job they are expected to be carrying out on daily basis.

My workers are allowed to play music. We have a music system used to play music in the business hall. It's a transportation business, passengers are meant to be entertained when they are waiting for their boarding process.

We are not allowed to listen to music from headphones or on our own, but there is always some kind of music playing in the background for us. There are some good songs playing from time to time.

The most important thing is for the way the music is going to be played in any kind of workplace so that it doesn't disrupt any kind of business activities or distract workers from doing their job because when this kind of thing should happen, it's not something that is going to encourage productivity.

The most important thing is for the way the music is going to be played in any kind of workplace so that it doesn't disrupt any kind of business activities or distract workers from doing their job because when this kind of thing should happen, it's not something that is going to encourage productivity.

If I were running a workplace, then I would never have had allowed employees to listen to music. I have seen many people not paying much attention while they are at work. As a result of that, the company may have to bear losses and this is something that no one wants to face.

When I am working, I find that music can help motivate me and give me the push to keep going and working and completing the tasks and goals I have set.

If I were to be running a business in a workplace I would consider allowing music to be played as I feel it can help with motivation but it would be monitored and if I felt it was distracting, I would have to let it go.

If I were to be running a business in a workplace I would consider allowing music to be played as I feel it can help with motivation but it would be monitored and if I felt it was distracting, I would have to let it go.

This is what any business owner who is interested in playing music where his business operations are being carried out needs to do and evaluate it very carefully to make sure that it is not running any kind of interference or destruction for their workers or even their customers that are there to patronize the business. There is a way music is going to be playing, your customer will find it hard hearing whatever is being addressed to them by the workers.

Music can be considered an entertainment and also it helps people to relax. It can also cause distraction at workplace depending on the kind of music played.

Do you allow music to be played at your workplace by staffs?

As a boss, I don't see anything wrong with workers playing music during break periods when they are resting from work. When the work is going on, I don't tolerate playing music as I don't like it at all. It can be a form of distractions to other members in an office, too.

As a boss, I don't see anything wrong with workers playing music during break periods when they are resting from work. When the work is going on, I don't tolerate playing music as I don't like it at all. It can be a form of distractions to other members in an office, too.

Yeah, that's very correct. As far as I'm concerned, I believe that anything that my employees really want to do during their break time as long as it doesn't go against the company's policy, it's always welcomed because it is their break time and they have the right to use it whichever way they want. If it's music that they decide to play, there is nobody who is going to stop them from doing that.

Yeah, that's very correct. As far as I'm concerned, I believe that anything that my employees really want to do during their break time as long as it doesn't go against the company's policy, it's always welcomed because it is their break time and they have the right to use it whichever way they want. If it's music that they decide to play, there is nobody who is going to stop them from doing that.

I will have to step in during their break time when the music is loud and causing discomfort for those who are also enjoying their break time. So, finding a balance when you are enjoying your break time, as a staff member, is also very important and something that should be implemented as well.

I will have to step in during their break time when the music is loud and causing discomfort for those who are also enjoying their break time. So, finding a balance when you are enjoying your break time, as a staff member, is also very important and something that should be implemented as well.

You did the right thing stepping in that kind of situation because it would be a pain for others who are trying to enjoy their time. No one is expected to use his own time in a way that it's going to inconvenience others. Everyone need to use their time in a way it's not going to be a problem for others.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds