Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Disadvantages of e-commerce?

I think one of the major challenges of e-commerce is fraud and the insincerity of some clients. Online transactions are prone to fraudulent practices these days and one has to be really careful.

Advertisement Placeholder
Well I don't know much about that but then I will like to actually conduct a personal research concerning this and also try to get the knowledge I need for it

eCommerce is a business model, the only difference ecommerce has with the traditional is selling method. I think ecommerce is better than traditional business in many ways

One major disadvantage I have experienced in ecommerce is the 'pay on delivery issue'. Due to this feature, some customers do not take you serious. The moment you get to their places to deliver their orders, they reject it and give flimsy excuses, major reason why I adopted 'pay before delivery'. Serious ones will definitely buy, I sell only high quality items.

E-commerce may cost you a lot of money when you are trying to do splits test with your advertisement campaign. You need to do a lot of texting before you can arrive the one that brings the highest conversion rate. This is going to be difficult for you if you don't have much funds set aside for testing different advertisement campaign.

You need to have collaboration with so many physical stores that would make delivery very easy for you, and doing so would entail you going the far extent of hiring enough workers.

E commerce is good an innovation but it has it disadvantages /side effects which are as follows : false declaration of commodities, network downtime, internet fraudsters and general safety and security hazards resulting from divulged personal information.

E commerce might not arrive in time since usually the distance between the buyer and the seller is huge and so the package might go lost, or it even might never arrive and then you have to contact their support team and waste your time. I was once ordering a product from Ebay and it didn't arrive in time, it was late in two weeks approximately so I decided to ask for a refund, the funny thing is that it eventually arrived after I received the refund but that happens I guess in such a platform, and in E commerce cases...
Rather than that I really like the idea of Ebay and I'm sure that I will purchase more products in the future.

I don't see any serious disadvantage of e-commerce. Just that you might be at risk of online fraud if proper care is not taken. You can't sometimes see the product you are buying until delivered. That's the only disadvantage.

Some countries re-apply VAT to receive shopping items from a foreign country which results in a loss in the resource of money even if sending country pays for everything. May it will be surprising for a lot of you but this is reality.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds