Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Differences between Saving and investment

Lyrrex

Mythical member
Credits
The words 'Saving' and 'Investments' are sometimes used interchangeably by most folks.
The two words have some similarities but that doesn't make them the same.

"There's a popular saying that Savings are investments, but not all investments are savings"

Saving actually means keeping some amount of money aside to meet long or short-term needs which may not yield any profit and it attracts zero risk.

On the other Hand, investment means putting money into a business or venture to yield profits within a specific period with risks depending on the targeted roi.

Advertisement Placeholder
Different between savings and investments, there is alot different, also is better to invest than to save. Saving does not give gain or profit while investment give gain.

Nice exposure on these two terms, I love the way and manner that you broke the terms down to our layman's understanding, I don't think there will be anyone that won't understand this, I used to also use them interchangeably before but now I know better.

Savings is a reduction in cost or expenditures or its also means keeping money aside to meet long or short term period....investment means putting money into a business or venture to yield profit

Both saving and investment can either be for short or long term. Saving has no little or no interest while investment has interest depending on the term condition

There is a wide difference between saving and investment. In Investment, your money grows monthly or daily without the use of any other money apart from the initial capital that was invested. But in savings you have to keep adding money to the current amount so as to have growth in the value.

There are big difference between Saving and investment, saving is when you are saving the profit you are getting from your business and investing is using your money to invest in business

Savings is the money you keep after removing expenses from your income while investment is the money you put on something with the aim of yielding profits. Saving is safe and does not yield any profit or loss but investment can yield profit or loss

Savings and investment are two different thing entirely. Savings deals with keeping your treasury without expecting any profits while investment required much devidend to be given to you.

As for me both looks alike but there are little different between the two, but as for me I prefer investment because when investing your investment moves with the market rates but savings depends on the amount you saved and the interest that will be adding on based on the bank.

You make a valid point, but let me say this, saving is setting aside money you don't spend now for emergencies or for a future purchase. Investing is buying assets such as stocks, bonds, mutual funds or real estate with the expectation that your investments will make money for you.

You make a valid point, but let me say this, saving is setting aside money you don't spend now for emergencies or for a future purchase. Investing is buying assets such as stocks, bonds, mutual funds or real estate with the expectation that your investments will make money for you.
Exactly! Nowadays most people have mistaken savings for investment. And so they leave their money in the bank for a long period of time expecting Returns at the end of the day what they get is unnecessary deductions from their money.

Savings shouldn't be mistaken for investments. Saving is basically the money you put aside for future use or for a particular purpose, but investment is money you put on a particular platform or project expecting dividends in thr nearest Future. It could be a gain or a loss but in savings you get back the same amount of money.

There is difference between the two words, saving is money in reserve for the raining period,it doesn't pay much while investment is the money put in to business with the aim of making money.This keep increasing periodically.

I agree with you. When it comes to savings, it refers to setting some amount of money aside for either recurring or future expenses, while investment includes buying assets for the purpose of generating income, these assets may include real estate, stocks and the likes. Investment has more risks while saving has less risks, very minimal.

Saving is not profitable to me, saving is just like keeping some amount of money you don't feel like spending while investment is using money to build your future,its determines how your future will be

The words 'Saving' and 'Investments' are sometimes used interchangeably by most folks.
The two words have some similarities but that doesn't make them the same.

"There's a popular saying that Savings are investments, but not all investments are savings"

Saving actually means keeping some amount of money aside to meet long or short-term needs which may not yield any profit and it attracts zero risk.

On the other Hand, investment means putting money into a business or venture to yield profits within a specific period with risks depending on the targeted roi.
There is a lot of difference between investment and Savings. If you make an investment, then you earn a profit monthly or daily , which can benefit you greatly. Which can benefit you a lot if you are investing in any other place in your business. If you save, your money stops at one place, so you do not have any benefit in raising more money.

Indeed, all members are right about the difference between saving and investing. Saving is an investment with very little interest, but I know that when you withdraw the money you will be there with some profit. In investment the gains can be great, but there can also be losses. It is the reason why I prefer to save in foreign exchange.

These 2 words are been used interchangeably, saving is a set aside money you don’t want to spend now for emergencies or future purchases while investment is buying assets such as stocks, bonds etc with the expectation that your investments will make money for you

Some of your savings can be labeled as an investment. For example, if you save money on a fixed deposit bank account, it is also an investment. Likewise, if you invest in security bonds/ treasury bills (offered by the government, central bank, and commercial banks), it is also some kind of saving. Sometimes it is really hard to say which one is which.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds