Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Did you ever lose your free site because you forgot about it?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
When I started online, I remember having a few free sites and forums. I had a few sites I updated frequently, even a forum that I kept up on. But after some time, I sort of forgot about my free sites. Fast forward a few years later and I've since lost access to those sites. Have you ever found an old site of yours and attempted to sign in? I wish I can find my old forum.

Advertisement Placeholder
The problem @Grant is not the fact of being free or paid because even there are administrators with paid forums who rarely take a look there and forward work to the staff or moderators. So it is practical to find an active admin is a rare fact add to offline commitments and especially if you create more than one free forum or site it will be hard to be active in all of them.

When I was starting out, I created free sites on multiple platforms such as blogger, wordpress, wix, weebly etc.. However, when I decided to abandon these sites, I always made sure that I move my content else where and shut down these sites. I have never created a free site and just forgot about these sites. Having said that I have accounts on multiple sites, forums and article sites, that I have forgotten

When I was starting out, I created free sites on multiple platforms such as blogger, wordpress, wix, weebly etc.. However, when I decided to abandon these sites, I always made sure that I move my content else where and shut down these sites. I have never created a free site and just forgot about these sites. Having said that I have accounts on multiple sites, forums and article sites, that I have forgotten
You could sync your favorite websites in bookmarks like the following example:
Create a folder like My WordPress Sites
Another one: My ForumOtion Sites
Another one: My Proboards Sites
Another one: My Wix Sites
Another one: My Blogger Sites
And then turn on Edge synchronization.

When I started online, I remember having a few free sites and forums. I had a few sites I updated frequently, even a forum that I kept up on. But after some time, I sort of forgot about my free sites. Fast forward a few years later and I've since lost access to those sites. Have you ever found an old site of yours and attempted to sign in? I wish I can find my old forum.
Only if I forget the passwords, and then they make it a real hassle to reset them. Especially when I can't even remember which email address I used when signing up, because that's where they usually want to send the link to reset. So from there, they ask for a phone number (which I never gave) and at that point it's impossible to recover or remember anything, so I just give up. It's nobody's fault, really.
But I don't feel bad, I figure if I stayed away long enough to not remember any of my login info, it's probably no big loss.

Only if I forget the passwords, and then they make it a real hassle to reset them. Especially when I can't even remember which email address I used when signing up, because that's where they usually want to send the link to reset. So from there, they ask for a phone number (which I never gave) and at that point it's impossible to recover or remember anything, so I just give up. It's nobody's fault, really.
But I don't feel bad, I figure if I stayed away long enough to not remember any of my login info, it's probably no big loss.
It is practically impossible to receive SMS from a foreign country because it is mint to send to specific countries and not to others and this is the sad truth then we have to be a little divergent and buy SIM cards for activation in the UK online for example for SMS verification for example.

I had some free sites of which some I still have access to them. While some I don't even remember them due to the fact that I was using these free sites for test and trials purposes only. I never did anything serious with any of the free sites I had except one which I still have access to now.

I had some free sites of which some I still have access to them. While some I don't even remember them due to the fact that I was using these free sites for test and trials purposes only. I never did anything serious with any of the free sites I had except one which I still have access to now.
This could be true if you did not start advertising this project because it happens that you start as a trial purpose then advertise and build a community and people are satisfied with the concept. At this time losing the password will be damageful.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds