Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Diabetes

Credits
Diabetes is a chronic condition that affects millions of people worldwide. It is a disease that impacts the way the body processes blood sugar, and can lead to serious health complications if left unmanaged. Living with diabetes can be challenging, but with the right care and support, it is possible to lead a healthy and fulfilling life.

How were you diagnosed with diabetes, and what type of diabetes do you have? How has diabetes impacted your daily life, and what adjustments have you made to accommodate it? What advice would you give to someone who has just been diagnosed with diabetes?

Advertisement Placeholder
I have type 2 and got it around 2013-ish. I have tablets for mine and meant to be on a diet and exercise but I fail on those.

Type 2 and doing a bit better myself. Doctor increased insulin again but we should be right on track where I need to be.
I give the doctors evil stares when they mention insulin. It already takes a lot out of me to have blood tests... When I was first diagnosed and almost in a coma they put me on insulin and I managed a couple of times but it kept hurting so I just flushed it down the toilet each time I needed to do it.

There is also once a week injections in New Zealand where if you get the injection in most cases you don't need to take the pills daily. But again.... it's a needle.

I used to be on about 6 tablets each morning but now only one diabetes one and one multi vitamin.

I give the doctors evil stares when they mention insulin. It already takes a lot out of me to have blood tests... When I was first diagnosed and almost in a coma they put me on insulin and I managed a couple of times but it kept hurting so I just flushed it down the toilet each time I needed to do it.

There is also once a week injections in New Zealand where if you get the injection in most cases you don't need to take the pills daily. But again.... it's a needle.

I used to be on about 6 tablets each morning but now only one diabetes one and one multi vitamin.
Metformin gave me serious number 2 issues so was taken off of it for insulin. I manage well with needles and have no issues with it.

Metformin gave me serious number 2 issues so was taken off of it for insulin. I manage well with needles and have no issues with it.
Yeah I've never had that issue with Metformin. Maybe a sore tummy every now and then but feel a lot better on this mixed one.

I have type 2 and got it around 2013-ish. I have tablets for mine and meant to be on a diet and exercise but I fail on those.
Have you tried alternative medicine for diabetes? I frequently hear that eating bitter melons every day will not only control your blood sugar but even improve insulin resistance in the body.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 75.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds