Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Devotion to Your Kid

Advertisement Placeholder
IMG_3391.jpeg

This is two of my three boys. We have such an awesome time together. Being a dad is the best thing ever.

I'm not a dad and I doubt I ever will be one, because it freaks me out to think about having someone else's life in my hands, and I feel like I couldn't handle it financially speaking.

Some people are probably such trashy parents because they just don't care much about their children. They may have had them by accident, they didn't grow up to be the vision they wanted them to be, they were abused in the past and it trickled down to abusing their children, etc. These are just some examples I could think of.

If I were to be a dad, I would want my kids to be happy and remain happy, so they would be at the top of my list of priorities in my life.

I never want kids, they're just not for my spouse and I. However, if we ever did eventually have kids I would do my best to be the best father I could possibly be. My parents loved me, but didn't really do a good job raising me. I never learned how to cook, and never really did any chores as a kid so when I moved out my spouse had make me do chores to keep up with the cleaning, it was embarrassing to say the least. I didn't even know how to use a microwave since I just had my mom make me everything as a kid since she would do so anyways.

I don't know how a parent can just walk away from their child. I could never do that, but I seen first hand others can with ease. I raised my two children on my own. I know what I went through and I know what it did to my kids. I couldn't leave someone in the position to raise my child on their own and I also couldn't just walk away.

Perhaps society is influencing the younger generation to much? It used to be that we grow up, we find our special someone, we have a family, and live happily ever after. This doesn't seem to be the "norm" anymore. Heck no one seems to even value their relationship anymore, one problem and they throw it away to try something new. I don't get it.... I really don't.

I don't know how a parent can just walk away from their child. I could never do that, but I seen first hand others can with ease. I raised my two children on my own. I know what I went through and I know what it did to my kids. I couldn't leave someone in the position to raise my child on their own and I also couldn't just walk away.

Perhaps society is influencing the younger generation to much? It used to be that we grow up, we find our special someone, we have a family, and live happily ever after. This doesn't seem to be the "norm" anymore. Heck no one seems to even value their relationship anymore, one problem and they throw it away to try something new. I don't get it.... I really don't.
Unfortunately lots of LGBTQ children are abandoned by their parents for simply just being who they are and existing. It's sad really, I don't get how anyone could bring life into this world and simply "disown" them for being gay, trans, bi, etc. when they had the audacity to say prior to their child being born that "I don't care if I'm having a boy/girl, I just want them to be healthy" and then disown them for being trans.

I think the people who struggle most with this have some narcissistic tendencies. The "all about me" stage. Some grow out of this once they have children, but sometimes they just don't.

I have known people who wanted many children, but then they only use the children as an accessory. Only bring them when it makes them look good and etc.

Many of these issues are formed due to how they themselves were raised. Which isn't just a blanketed excuse - but it's a reason. Therapy, family therapy, counseling would be advised if you're noticing any of these trends with a significant other.

Some people are not meant to be parents - this is also a real reason you should communicate about children before possibly creating a child.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 75.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds