Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

CSS Frameworks

capnsquarepants

Recognized member
Credits
So I am in the process of not using Bootstrap for my current forum, as it's a little bloated, and I am prepping for a release version.
Does anyone have any recommendations for a feature complete CSS Framework? As long as it's not too big it shouldn't matter, cause I'll be minifying it anyway.

Tailwind's main draw is that, ultimately, it's using a post processor (I want to say purgecss but I might be wrong) to strip out the styles you're not using. But I'm not sure I'd call it as feature complete as Bootstrap - it's got many things but it's slightly less rounded in more of the 'components' angle. Of course you can also bundle purgecss into your build process to strip out the things you're not using.

This of course may be difficult if you're running the forum on a shared host and letting people customise it - it's certainly a challenge I've thought long and hard about how I want to tackle, and I don't have a good answer yet.

You might also take a look at Foundation. I haven't checked in on it for a while but it was a solid competitor to Bootstrap at one point.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest