Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Copyright and Related Things

Jason1

Loyal member
Website
www.webtalkz.in
Credits
Who has pursued copyright or some Creative Commons license? Myself, I don't want to get accused of taking stuff, but I don't mind if my stuff is used by others in many ways. That's why I deal with CC0, not copyright. It is public domain.

Advertisement Placeholder
Copyright and trademarks are a world of their own. I refrain from using any copyrighted content. Don't want to get into a legal battle with big companies. I consider myself an artist, so would only, pen down my own thoughts in my blog.

Stealing others' content, especially the copyrighted one is not only illegal, but it can also cause great damage to your brand reputation as well as your finances so, it must be avoided at all costs. Besides that, I believe, it also kills your own creativity and uniqueness.

It doesn't cost anything it is an extremely cheap annual fee compared to the protection and services provided by creative commons means the cost merits paying for copywriting protections.

If I use anything that doesn't belong to me, I always leave a credit to the source. Unless it is specifically stated that I can use it as I wish, I like to do this. Otherwise, I look for royalty-free options.

This is something that has concerned me somewhat. I started up a Fortnite forums website and I have a lot of copyrighted material on my website. However, I took the images from clipart.info which was licensed under the CC BY 4.0 license. I made sure that there is a notice at the bottom of the website in bold stating that the images used were located at clipart.info under the licensing agreement CC BY 4.0, then I also gave credit to epic games Fortnite with the URL. I'm hoping I won't run into any legal issues, so I will be conducting further research regarding the type of copyright content that can and can't be used regarding Fortnite and what I can do to legally use these images/content.

When i am using anything online the first thing that i do is that if i use a picture i ensure that there are no claims on it for copyright and that it is fair use and the same goes for the videos that i post as well. And i think that this is very important because you have to make sure that you are not doing anything illegal.

When I use anything online, the first thing I do is make sure there are no copyright claims when using an image and that it is being used fairly. The same goes for the videos you post - I think this is very important because you need to make sure you aren't doing anything illegal.

Copywritting is compulsory if you stay a lot of times preparing a product or website with new concept or design to guarantee that no one is producing something similar to your niche. Otherwise concurrents will change little tricks and do like you.

It is imperative that you avoid stealing other people's stuff at all costs, especially copyrighted material since not only is it against the law, but it can seriously harm both your brand's reputation and your profits.
In addition, I think it destroys your individuality and inventiveness.

I haven't pursued copywrights or creative common license. I also really don't mind if my stuffs is used by the public and so i don't think i'll ever pursue copyright.

All the content on my websites is copyright protected, I do not allow people to take my content and post it elsewhere as their own. Even when a user creates content for my site, and if he has received payment for the content, I own the copyright of the content.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds