Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Continuous store hours is preferred by customers

Alexandoy

Captain Junkie
Credits
For a store the operating hours is a big factor for the customers. Malls are now operating but on a limited period from 11 am to 8 pm although on weekends the mall hours are from 10 am to 9 pm. I think the operating hours is important for the customers to be retained. The nearest convenience store in our home opens at 6 am and closes at 9 pm. But it has a lunch break from 12 noon up to 3 pm. The customers are shifting to another store that is not near but it is a good alternative when the nearby store is closed during the lunch break.

Advertisement Placeholder
This is very poor managerial skills. Why are the workers all going for lunch break? I will also leave because the firm or company could not help ó

A store should be open when it is highly convenient for the customers. Observe the customer traffic,when do they tend to show up more? At what time are they more buyers in the supermarket than other times?
When you find this out,Mae sure you keep your store open at that time. Or better still hire more workers and make it a 24/7 open store.
[automerge]1612787400[/automerge]
A store should be open when it is highly convenient for the customers. Observe the customer traffic,when do they tend to show up more? At what time are they more buyers in the supermarket than other times?
When you find this out,Mae sure you keep your store open at that time. Or better still hire more workers and make it a 24/7 open store.

A lot of stores in the urban city have time they open and close and I think that's how it should be, buty major advice now is that they should open an online store that would allow customers to place orders for online purchase and they store will deliver to them even if they place the order after the close of the day

Well, given the example you cited, it can be understandable for a mall to want to open for continuous long hours so they can meet the needs of customers but for a normal business say an office for example continuous working hour shouldn't be long, the employees should also be considered.

For a store the operating hours is a big factor for the customers. Malls are now operating but on a limited period from 11 am to 8 pm although on weekends the mall hours are from 10 am to 9 pm. I think the operating hours is important for the customers to be retained. The nearest convenience store in our home opens at 6 am and closes at 9 pm. But it has a lunch break from 12 noon up to 3 pm. The customers are shifting to another store that is not near but it is a good alternative when the nearby store is closed during the lunch break.
Opening and closing time for malls is very important especially when the mall is situated in the heart of the city. The longer the working hours the mall is opened to customers the higher the patronage it will experience.

Well most customers will likely demand continuous store in other to satisfy their desire, these kind of customers satisfaction are always a welcome idea only when the area at which your business is located is secure and there are required security in the environment.
If there is high security there no need for someone not to satisfy customers need else you employ someone on your behalf.
[automerge]1612899423[/automerge]
Well most customers will likely demand continuous store in other to satisfy their desire, these kind of customers satisfaction are always a welcome idea only when the area at which your business is located is secure and there are required security in the environment.
If there is high security there no need for someone not to satisfy customers need else you employ someone on your behalf.

Last edited:
It's very true that customers don't like stores that closes on time because this customers would love to be able to shop all the time. The shops in My City mostly opens on a 24 hours basis and most of their workers are rotated to cover up for those times that they open all day.

Operating long hours actually has advantage on your business, because there are certain customers that may be too busy, some of them may close late from their work and they may need to get some groceries that they can use to prepare something for themselves, I mean if you close late there's a possibility for those workers to catch up with you and buy stuff from your store before you close rather than having to go to another store.

These abrupt shifts have left many retailers scrambling to effectively serve customers through other channels. Digital-first and omnichannel retailers have pivoted more easily, but retailers that prioritized physical stores and face-to-face engagement over omnichannel strategies have struggled to respond.
For retailers, the starting point matters in a crisis. Organizations that can quickly reimagine their omnichannel approach to create a distinctive customer experience will recover faster from the pandemic

In my country generally, the stores work by run, from 8 am to 6 pm and in shopping centers from 8 am to 10 pm. The most recommended is to work continuously so as not to lose the clientele that is often difficult to obtain. Since people are going to buy, according to availability in their schedule.

What you have written is very true, in my area where I live most stores are not open till about 9am and this irks me as there are times I need some things earlier than this, if another store opens up with early opening hours I'm certainly switching

This is very poor managerial skills. Why are the workers all going for lunch break? I will also leave because the firm or company could not help ó
I think he meant that the breaks were 12pm and again at 3pm. It's not from 12pm to 3pm, that'd be a crazy lunch time. I imagine they get a 15-30 min lunch break and another 15-30 min break later on, some may get an hour depending on their job title. But I imagine they also have people working while others are on break, as with any job.

Anyway, I think if you have the workers, you could potentially stay up 24 hours, 7 days a week. That would require a lot of workers, some for the morning, afternoon, evening and late hour shifts.

Finally, someone has said what has been going on in my mind now for a very long time. As a consumer, I am more likely to buy something from a consistent store and neglect some other small criteria. And that is why I value companies that are open for the while day.

You're right on this anyway. Operating hours is important because some customers may be in need of products at some hours when many stores have closed.

A store should be more concerned about their convenience operation in respect to the customers wants, it's all understanding and manner of approach between the business owners and clients, I also believe customers can equally adjust their timing to meet up,it won't cost a thing.

The store owner souls study the time of his customers. For instance, customers troop more into malls on Sunday more than the other days of the week. So a store owner should work with this time frame.

It is not the hours of time that a stores opens that only matters but will they continue to have customers that will patronise them during the long business hours. Since the store will have to pay the salaries of it workers for the long opening period, it is not advisable if it will not make enough profits that will cater for staff salaries and some other expenses.

What you have written is very true, in my area where I live most stores are not open till about 9am and this irks me as there are times I need some things earlier than this, if another store opens up with early opening hours I'm certainly switching
The same happens in my case, many times I need to buy and I have to wait for stores to open. Normally in these cases I look for other options and if I get what I'm looking for, I'll keep an eye out for that store that opens at a good time for me.

This is really a very good business strategy because a lot of customers love to get goods when they want them so you should try to make sure your business is open around the clock.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds