Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Computer Build/Setup

Advertisement Placeholder
Two latest...
Intel NUC 11 (N5105 W11 Jasper chipset) with 16GB RAM, 500GB M2 NVMe SSD (1TB on order)
BeeLink U59 (N5105 W11 Jasper chipset) with 16GB RAM, 500GB M2 2280 SATA 3 SSD & a 1TB Samsung SSD for capture storage

These are strictly to run the astro equipment with instead of using Raspberry Pi 4's.
And being "new" equipment... the standard Linux "Open Source" delays of driver support are very evident with the WiFi 6 chipset on the BeeLink.
At least they have a pretty desktop!

StellarMateOSX.png

AperturaSMOSX.png

Last edited:
I'm always been into PC hardware and even at times, they are not cheap. GPUs nowadays cost more to buy than it does to get a full system. He's my current desktop rig that I have got. Custom built:
  • Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z490-E
  • Processor: Intel Core i7-10700K @ 5.2GHz
  • GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3090 Gaming OC
  • RAM: Corsair 32GB 3200Mhz Vengeance RGB
  • Case: Phanteks Pro M Tempered Glass
  • CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i PRO
  • SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500gb
  • M.2: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2 TB & 1TB

Wow, your computer setup is a real powerhouse! That Ryzen 9 and GeForce 3080 combo must handle everything like a champ. I'm a bit envious!As for my setup, it's not as high-end, but it gets the job done. I'm rocking an Intel i9 paired with an RTX 3070. Dual monitors are my jam, great for productivity and gaming.Usually, I'm posted up at my desk with a comfy chair, and I've got this cool LED strip lighting to set the mood. I've also got a bunch of funky stickers on the case - gotta add that personal touch!By the way, if you're ever looking to save some cash on software, you should definitely swing by the cheap Windows 10 keys subreddit.

Last edited:
I'm always been into PC hardware and even at times, they are not cheap. GPUs nowadays cost more to buy than it does to get a full system. He's my current desktop rig that I have got. Custom built:
The sad thing is... that's only a "decent" processing rig for my niche.. you really need around 128GB RAM for the stacking/processing of 200-500 images at a go.
I've got VERY decent rig right now (and it has 64GB RAM) and it STILL takes me upwards of 3 hours to process the first step of the image processing of a several night capture session. To fully process around 400 images takes me between 6-8 hours.

The sad thing is... that's only a "decent" processing rig for my niche.. you really need around 128GB RAM for the stacking/processing of 200-500 images at a go.
I've got VERY decent rig right now (and it has 64GB RAM) and it STILL takes me upwards of 3 hours to process the first step of the image processing of a several night capture session. To fully process around 400 images takes me between 6-8 hours.
that workload you would need that, but as for gamers 32gb is the most that you need :)

I mean 32gb can do it but it's the speed and takes longer, also haveing that 24gb Vram helps ahhahahaha

Desktop Specs
AMD Ryzen 7 5700G with Radian Graphics
32 GB DDR4 RAM (Corsair Dominator Platnum)
NVIDIA RTX 2060 (ROG Strix)
ROG Strix B550 motherboard with Wifi
15TB of storage.

Laptop Specs.
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H With Radian Graphics
INVIDIA RTX 3050 Ti laptop graphics
16 GB DDR4 RAM
1TB of storage

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds