Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Can you really make money by running a user-generated content site?

Kane

Captain Junkie
Credits
Bizdustry is a user-generated content site. User-generated content sites are websites, blogs and forums where people can register and create content. There are two types of user-generated content sites: one paid to post, for example Bizdustry, YouTbe, etc., two, non-paying sites like Facebook, Quora, etc. Whether the user-generated content site is paying or non paying, the users build content as well as traffic. When a site has a lot of content and traffic, it can run ads and make money.

While user-generated content sites like social media are huge and are making a lot of money, user-generated content sites like Bizdustry are struggling to make money.

Advertisement Placeholder
I know a lot of user generated content sites have existed since many years. If they were not making money, how could they survive for such a long time.

I am on Hubpages, one of the oldest user generated content site. I have been receiving payment from hubpages since 2013. I am also on mylot, which has existed since 2006

How easy is it to make money on hubpages. I am asking this because after writing almost 1500 forum posts, I am considering to try my hands on articles.

I am on Hubpages, one of the oldest user generated content site. I have been receiving payment from hubpages since 2013. I am also on mylot, which has existed since 2006
This two user generated sites have really lasted for a very long time. The good thing about them, is that, they are still paying.

Sadly, earning from these two sites is very difficult. I am not active on any of these sites, however, hubpages still pay me because I have more than 150 articles there.

I don't know about running a user generated content site, however, I know there is money to be made by using user generated content site.

Aha! Yes, you can make money on user generated content site. For example, this is a user generated content site and we are making money here

I never run a generation user site before but I believe that someone can make money from it, depending on your planning towards the site.

I find it hard to believe that some users generated sites find it difficult to make money apart from people registering to create content, when there's a lot of audience other establishment pay to post an advertisement on the site because of the large audience. That is another way of making money from user-generated site.

Yeah why not, but it's not easy to start, you need to be smart first and invest money in order to have people posting in your website, user generated content sites could be called forums to make them sound easier to understand

Let me stray a bit with the topic. I am wondering why social media is earning so much but not sharing the revenue with the users. They are like having a gold mine there especially Facebook and Twitter where the owners are now very rich. I see them as greedy kids whose only concern is the revenue of their site. Yeah, PTP forums are struggling so we should try to prop them up.

Social medias might be making lots of money than forums because of their large number of audience/users. If forums can get such number, it surely improve earnings cos more lucrative sponsors will come in to partner Bizdustry and promote whatever and pay Bizdustry steadily for using its platform for promotional events.

Of course you can earn lot of money on user-generated content website like trendri, Bizdustry, cash time forum and nairaland. The way through which we can earn money on this kind of website is the placement of advert on the website that will pull people to clicking on the advert and generate some income to the website.

Of course, user-generated content sites are very lucrative and of course you can make a lot of money. The beautiful about it is that all you need to do is to moderate it very well and the users will be generating high-quality content for you.

For the fact that they are struggling to make money doesn't mean they are not generating money. There are some user generated websites that are making money and I think bizdustry.com is one of them.

If running a user generated content site was not lucrative, there would never be influx of so many user generated content sites. However, you need a lot of money.

I think so. You need to invest a lot of money to build a website and pay the content creator. You may have to spend a lot of money before you start generating revenue.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds