Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Can you make a living owning a website?

He just got lucky; one of those flash-in-a-pan moments.

As for the original question, I believe you can make money from a website, but it takes an awful lot of time and dedication to get it up to the point where it can replace a 9-to-5 job. The Internet is far more volatile in that respect, so I'd personally never give up a 9-to-5 job in favor of it.
What do you mean by 9 to 5? I haven't heard that phrase before. Does it refer to office hours?

I mean, if you really wanted to make a living off the internet, you could build a website and hire people to work part-time. The initial costs will be high, but you can then begin to generate a decent living. Can it replace a normal job? Not easily. :p And probably not worth the effort.

Advertisement Placeholder
It's used as a generic term to signify a job. And the 9-to-5 means work hours, but don't take it literally. It's an expression. :p
Of course. :p

Now someone could argue that working online is a 9-to-5 job too. ;) I mean, if you make your living off of it. Doesn't that count?

Yes, I make a living from the internet. Have been doing for the last year or so. It's my primary source of income.

Of course. :p

Now someone could argue that working online is a 9-to-5 job too. :wink: I mean, if you make your living off of it. Doesn't that count?

Indeed, and I knew you would bring that up. ;)

The Internet is just a very volatile place to deal with. Especially for those who earn from YouTube, and us freelancers where work could be slacking one week, and then you can suddenly get many orders at once. You may not get anything for months. What do you live on? It also takes a lot of time to develop a website that you can earn such an amount that you'd be able to quit your offline day job.

At least with a 9-to-5, you have guaranteed wages. Can you lose your job? Absolutely. However, it's much less likely that you'll be stuck with no money. I know I don't want to be in those shoes; ever. :p

Indeed, and I knew you would bring that up. :wink:

The Internet is just a very volatile place to deal with. Especially for those who earn from YouTube, and us freelancers where work could be slacking one week, and then you can suddenly get many orders at once. You may not get anything for months. What do you live on? It also takes a lot of time to develop a website that you can earn such an amount that you'd be able to quit your offline day job.

At least with a 9-to-5, you have guaranteed wages. Can you lose your job? Absolutely. However, it's much less likely that you'll be stuck with no money. I know I don't want to be in those shoes; ever. :p

This is why you diversify. I get money from ads, clients and product sales. This ensures I always have money. I also make a lot more than I would in a minimum wage job (which is the only thing I am qualified to do). Not been without money for the last year and I have a few thousand in savings from money I have earned from the internet.

This is why you diversify. I get money from ads, clients and product sales. This ensures I always have money. I also make a lot more than I would in a minimum wage job (which is the only thing I am qualified to do). Not been without money for the last year and I have a few thousand in savings from money I have earned from the internet.

Unfortunately, there's no way I'd be able to do that. Not an option for me. :p

If your website is unique and you're dedicated and working on it like a business, there's no doubt you could make a living off it. Easly possible if you're smart enough and do the correct things.

If your website is unique and you're dedicated and working on it like a business, there's no doubt you could make a living off it. Easly possible if you're smart enough and do the correct things.
It's really not that easy. Firstly, you'd need a product or service to sell. And business always has its ups and downs. As Dylan says, nothing on the internet is stable. :p

It's really not that easy. Firstly, you'd need a product or service to sell. And business always has its ups and downs. As Dylan says, nothing on the internet is stable. :p
Maybe I shouldn't of phrased it the way I did. Ok so, it's not really easily done but it's very much possible. It'll be difficult and could takes years to even start earning enough money to not consider working IRL. It could not even work out at all. But with more knowledge and more time to dedicate to the website the more chance of it bringing in a good amount of revenue, it's also about luck. Some people may be lucky and their website may just blow up and become a huge hit without them really trying to make it that popular while some people who may be trying very hard with their website to make it popular could sadly fail.

You never know how it's going to turn out, but it's very possible to earn big bucks online.

I currently make enough from YouTube alone to cover all my expenses from rent to food to my custom PC.

My website makes a profit too, a little one, but makes a profit.

My YouTube & website are on the same niche, so that has helped a lot for sure.

It depends on two things: your website, your life! What kind of life do you want to live? What kind of website do you want to run?

A website can drive you unlimited income; it is all about the ways you use to turn your traffic into cash! I think it is truly possible to make a living owning a website!

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds