Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Can You Design Your Own Themes?

Belthazar

Loyal member
Credits
Really this is for everything. Can you design on a theme? If you're good at it, how did you learn to do it and do it well? Personally I'm horrible at designing anything. I couldn't design a good theme if I wanted to. :p

Advertisement Placeholder
Yes, I know how and do design my own themes for forums, websites, and Wordpress blogs. Usually, I start with an idea in Photoshop, then code that idea and bam, I have a forum, website or blog. :p

I can design themes for vBulletin ,phpBB and Xenforo so far, still not 100% efficient on XenForo as I haven't used it for long. I learned how to do it by just doing it, there is no other way to explain it. I looked at the codes and started experimenting.

I can design a theme for basically anything. I pretty much started doing freelance design work off of Craigslist and multiple clients asked for forum themes, CMS themes, etc so I basically taught myself. I see myself as a pretty good designer actually. :)

I have tried having a mess around to create my own themes however I am no good at all with actually creating anything that would be worthy of being used however it is always fun to mess around and work on my skills. My boyfriend is good at making themes and has in the past made a few basic good ones :) so if I ever need a basic unique theme he is usually my go to person.

I have never tried myself. I know how to code and configure a prebuilt forum theme. I use Xenforo myself with a paid theme so it isn't like it is hard to figure out or anything lol

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds