Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Business organisations and philanthropy

Now as a business owner do you think it is a must to have some sort of philanthropic initiative to help people or the community around. I also think it is some sort of branding strategy, as these helps shapes the organisations perception with the locals and even potential customers. Morally I think it is the right thing to do as well.
Most companies reach out to their host community at some point in time.
They see it as a way of giving back to the people in that community.
They can give scholarships or set up lacking basic facilities.

Advertisement Placeholder
It's all a part of corporate social responsibility and any forward thinking organisation would want to involve in it.
Engaging in it would not only create awareness or improve traction, it would be uplifting as well as rewarding in its own way - you're helping develop humanity.

It's all a part of corporate social responsibility and any forward thinking organisation would want to involve in it.
Engaging in it would not only create awareness or improve traction, it would be uplifting as well as rewarding in its own way - you're helping develop humanity.
What would you say about some multinational companies example oil companies that provides scholarships and project fundings to it's host communities, yet the adverseeffects of their activities (oil spillage/pollution) still destroys the community.

Now as a business owner do you think it is a must to have some sort of philanthropic initiative to help people or the community around. I also think it is some sort of branding strategy, as these helps shapes the organisations perception with the locals and even potential customers. Morally I think it is the right thing to do as well.
Personally, I believe that it's something that is going to benefit your business organisation on the long run because it is going to capture the hearts of the community and make them to value your business existence in the society.

At some point in ones business, I think it is important to reach out to the host community. That way, you even get to attract more customers. You can help meet some of their needs.

Once you own a business where the needs of the people in the community area being satisfied, I will say such a person is already a philanthropist helping and meeting the needs of the people in the community.
I wouldn't call that a philanthropic gestures. The person simply recognized a business opportunity and exploit from it. Unless the owner sells at a discounted price, that would be a philanthropic action

When you own a company that meets the needs of the people in the community, I would say that such a person is already a philanthropist who supports and meets the needs of the people in the community. It is your way of giving back to the society that has hosted and supplied your business with raw materials.

I have always believed that any business should have a mission and a purpose for the betterment of the society. When you provide products to customers, you fulfill the needs of the customers in a much better way possible. This is why there are many non-profit organizations that have been working for the betterment of society and this is what changes the society for better.

Personally, I believe that it's something that is going to benefit your business organisation on the long run because it is going to capture the hearts of the community and make them to value your business existence in the society.
Its another strategy business could even make use of to get more people to buy their product ,I believe it's part of the promotional means adopted by lot of business that's actually developing and growing

When you own a business that meets the needs of the community, I consider you to be a philanthropist that helps and meets the needs of the community.

Corporate philanthropy ranges from financial contributions to employees volunteering time on the clock. While philanthropy costs the company, it also provides benefits for the business, community and employees. Understanding the significance of corporate philanthropy helps your company justify the expense to upper management and investors. With an increasing interest in corporate social responsibility, reviewing the importance of philanthropy for a small business and looking for corporate philanthropy examples will help you attract more employees and customers.

Apart from the fact that it's morally upright for one to help one's business immediate environment its also part of business conduct that it has a community service relation which aims at helping the environment.

There is business and there is charity, the proceeds from business can be used to support charity not the other way round. Been philantropic is good but not at the expense of the source for the philantropicness.
Most people who acts in line with philanthropic tendency are always set to help people in a way they can be socially responsible in the society in general.

The right thing to do as a business owner who has been making progress is to give back to the community , start a philanthropic work to assist the poor in the community where your company is built.

Once you own a business where the needs of the people in the community area being satisfied, I will say such a person is already a philanthropist helping and meeting the needs of the people in the community.

Onre of the things tha any reasonable organisation can do for the host communty they are operating from,is to be able to assist in terms of social infrastructure,grants and other forms of assistance that will go a long way to help the comunity.

When you have a big company or an organisation in a community , its the best to help assist the community in bringing them up and assisting them in anyway you can .

I don't see anything wrong with this if a company decide to engage in philanthropic work, it is to help the humanity. Some business organisation could choose not to engage in any philanthropic work. I still do not see anything wrong with that , it is their personal decision.

A business must always try to give value back to the society. It is part of it's corporate social responsibility. It will endear the business organization or firm to the host community.

Business organizations and philanthropy are a group of organisation that helps business entrepreneurs by assisting them and bringing them up on their feets through borrowing them money

Every organisation are definitely going to have their own personal sentiments but I think that it is not going to be right for it to be public because of how it might be able to affect their reputation.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds