Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Bulk Emailing Feature

Cedric

Captain Junkie
Administrator
Credits
How frequently do you utilize the bulk email feature on your forum and do you observe an uptick in engagement following its use? For those who do not have a forum, do you have any objections to receiving bulk emails? Can you provide any tips for effectively using the bulk email function?

I bulk only a few times per year and use it to highlight major forum growth milestones or contests in an effort to get those who have not visited in a while to return.

I use to bulk email, my members, monthly with updates across the board but after one guy threatened to call the police on me, I just stopped. I'm pretty sure he was just saying that to get me to stop and not like he would get very far in taking legal action when he's the one that originally ticked the box to receive emails from the board. But, it just made me come to a point that if people really wanted to engage with the board, they'd log in themselves and enjoy the community. Yes, I did see an increase in traffic generally when I sent bulk emails, but this was just people viewing the board primarily and not posting.

I avoid bulk e-mails at all costs. It might help you drive more traffic to the community or website short term, but long-term people might want to opt-out (delete their account), or they start marking your emails are spam which can lower your email deliverability scoring.

I personally unsubscribe to any automated emails, especially from forums I follow. My logic is that if I actively keep up with the forum, why do I need extra notifications to see what I've already seen?

The only newsletters I still subscribe to are ones that are personally written (as far as you can tell nowadays), and I think that is still a relevant enough factor to consider in an email strategy.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest