Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Boss putting the phone down on you?

Advertisement Placeholder
If it was someone I hired, I would have to talk to them about their attitude and how they spoke to me. But I don't think I'd make a big fuss about it. Now, if it's a thing that keeps happening, I may have to have a word with them.

Also, it could be a personal issue where the manager or your worker is not having a good day. Maybe ask how they're doing and if they need to talk, that may help too.

I would definitely take this kind of behavior as a negative sign from my boss. In any workplace, I would expect my boss to be professional and be able to bring things up with me if there is any kind of issue. Being short with me and finishing a call without even a goodbye I would see as being immature and not very professional at all. I would hope that any boss I worked for would be able to speak with me about issues that they have so that they can be resolved instead of just leaving it and I am left wondering what the problem could be.

Agreed a boss could be having a bad day as stated in the previous post above but I would hope that any boss who has possibly had any issues say at home or even in their day would not take it out on their employees as again, that does not seem very professional and can leave things feeling very awkward.

If it was someone I hired, I would have to talk to them about their attitude and how they spoke to me. But I don't think I'd make a big fuss about it. Now, if it's a thing that keeps happening, I may have to have a word with them.

Also, it could be a personal issue where the manager or your worker is not having a good day. Maybe ask how they're doing and if they need to talk, that may help too.

Well, the fact remains that such kind of attitude is quite common when the employees deal with their bosses. Many employees usually become used to it and overlook it.

Sometimes it is not your fault that he is in a very bad mood.
I don't think it would be something to be concerned about because we all have our lives full of ups and downs

Sometimes it is not your fault that he is in a very bad mood.
I don't think it would be something to be concerned about because we all have our lives full of ups and downs
I truly agree with you, there is no cause for alarm since you know deeply that you are not at fault at anything. Sometimes it is good to just stay on your lane and refuse to be affected by people's emotional trigger

I truly agree with you, there is no cause for alarm since you know deeply that you are not at fault at anything. Sometimes it is good to just stay on your lane and refuse to be affected by people's emotional trigger

Well, there are many employees who realise that they have to deal with this kind of behaviour. There was a time when I also witnessed such kind of behaviour of bosses.

Some bosses are just bossy like that. It is best to accept them as they are and be aware that it has nothing to do with you. You cannot be guilty when you know that there is nothing wrong you have done.

We cannot really conclude that the boss is having a negative thoughts towards you, but it could be as a result of certain circumstances because the state of mind of the boss matters in this regard.

We cannot really conclude that the boss is having a negative thoughts towards you, but it could be as a result of certain circumstances because the state of mind of the boss matters in this regard.

Well, it might be possible that the boss might be really busy and he may not have the time to say "good bye". This might be also one of the main reasons why he might have had put down the phone.

I believe that every employee do have the right to self worth,the fact that someone is sacrifising his time,goals and future pursuit leaving all that to be working for your own goal,such person deserve respect,but in the case of a default,he should b talked to in an appropriate manner.

Some boss are really like that , they end the call on you even without saying goodbye and sometimes without giving you the opportunity to express your opinion back, some are arrogant in nature while some boss normally do that so that their will fear them .

Well, there are many employees who realise that they have to deal with this kind of behaviour. There was a time when I also witnessed such kind of behaviour of bosses.
It's really pathetic , that is why I prefer working online to offline because the tendency of such things to occur is minimum. Most importantly , I want to be my own boss.

If the boss puts the phone down on you or doesn't say Goodbye at the end of the call and throughout the call is short with you - is this a negative sign? How would you respond to such behavior from a manager?
Alex, there are some people that are naturally very rude or sometimes they may not be rude and whatever they do they just think that is the best way of doing it without having any interest of hurting you.
Well , if that's his own behaviour I will not have any problem as long as there is no negativity attached to it.
I will only be able to perceive negativity when this has not happened and suddenly it that happening.

It's really pathetic , that is why I prefer working online to offline because the tendency of such things to occur is minimum. Most importantly , I want to be my own boss.

I think that it might be an unethical way of ending the conversation. The fact remains that all the people involved with the business deserve to be respected.

I think that it might be an unethical way of ending the conversation. The fact remains that all the people involved with the business deserve to be respected.
You are really a funny individual. You have your right of thinking, but I believe that respect is mutual and reciprocal. I won't allow myself to be disrespected just because I am an employee , I understand humility but alot just end up with the servant mentality in the workplace.

Last edited:
You are really a funny individual. You have your right of thinking, but I believe that respect is mutual and reciprocal. I won't allow myself to be disrespected just because I am an employee , I understand humility but alot just end up with the servant mentality in the workplace.

Well, not sure what makes you think i am funny. 🤣🤣 We all could be funny and i think that we all must remain happy in our lives. Happy people tend to live longer.

The question is how does he normally respond to you before now? If there is a difference in tune it could be that he is having a bad day or something else is on his mind, it does not mean its directed at you.

Well I don't actually care, it seems it has happened quite a few times but I did not think about it. It does not affect me when my boss choose to do that, in fact it's better if he does not say bye.

As long as I have gotten the message that my boss wants to give me, I don't think that getting a goodbye from him or her makes any difference that much. In fact, I'm already used to it because my father never says goodbye at the end of any calls with him.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds