Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Board Games

Cory

Community Manager
Community
Team Manager
Website
jcodes.jcink.net
Credits
Do you play any board games? If so, which ones? What's your favorite one?

I like trivia games that I am fluent in, but my favorite game of all time is Risk. We have The Lord of the Rings Risk specifically, if it ever goes down in price I'd like to buy the Game of Thrones Risk as well.

I used to play board games a lot when I was younger, but now I play them not often.

@Arantor has a truck load of board games lol.

I only got a handful. Monopoly is what I like the most. I'm a simple man, lol.

I do have some board games, but they don't really see the light of day that often. I've got a few versions of Monopoly, Scrabble and a couple based on TV Shows such as The Crystal Maze and The Wall.

I also have a card game called Monopoly Deal which I actually find a lot more entertaining than the board game, I usually take it on holiday with me if we're sitting at the hotel bar, play a few games.

Monopoly is a great board game that I will always play. I have won a couple of games against some of my friends that plays it as well.

I think half of what makes Monopoly 'boring' for people is that, quite honestly, almost no-one actually plays it properly. I mean that: how often have you played Monopoly where the bank auctions off each property as someone lands on it so you get through buying all the properties quite quickly??

I think my favourite board game is Forbidden Island - it's a cooperative deal for a few players where you're trying to find and recover 4 artefacts off a sinking island before it sinks. While there is randomness, a team working together effectively can often - but not always - win by virtue of skill over luck.

Also a huge fan of Ticket To Ride though the expasions can absolutely hit or miss.

I'm most anxious to play The Lord of the Rings Journeys in Middle-earth board game, but it's almost $100 for the game in most places you find it.

I'm most anxious to play The Lord of the Rings Journeys in Middle-earth board game, but it's almost $100 for the game in most places you find it.

Paying close to 100 bucks for that game won't be funny for anyone. Maybe the guys that have deep interest in it can just go ahead and spend that much on the game.

Chess is among my favourite board games. It took me a while before I started playing it online as I liked playing it on the Chess board face to face with another player. It's how I was taught how to play Chess.

I play Monopoly, Anti-Monopoy, Cluedo with my friends whenever we get along and have some time. These are my favorites as well since I don't play anything else.

Board games are such a classic way to have a good time. Trivia games are awesome, especially when it's a topic you're fluent in—that competitive edge makes it more fun. And Risk, The Lord of the Rings edition, sounds epic! The strategy, alliances, and world domination vibes are timeless.

If you ever decide to add Game of Thrones Risk to your collection, it could bring a whole new level of intensity.

Life gets busier as we grow up, right? Still, it's cool that you find time for board games occasionally. Have you ever settled disputes or made decisions with a coin flip online during game nights? Adds a touch of randomness!

Last edited:
I think half of what makes Monopoly 'boring' for people is that, quite honestly, almost no-one actually plays it properly. I mean that: how often have you played Monopoly where the bank auctions off each property as someone lands on it so you get through buying all the properties quite quickly??

I think my favourite board game is Forbidden Island - it's a cooperative deal for a few players where you're trying to find and recover 4 artefacts off a sinking island before it sinks. While there is randomness, a team working together effectively can often - but not always - win by virtue of skill over luck.

Also a huge fan of Ticket To Ride though the expasions can absolutely hit or miss.

Monopoly is fun! What are the objections?

I have so many board games in my cupboard - way too many, and some I haven't even opened xD My favourites would be Monopoly, Catan and Cards Against Humanity (is that even a board game lol)

We have many board games that my kids have received over the years for Christmas and we tend to keep them stored for when we want to play a board game or if we lose internet or even power and we need something to do.

We enjoy playing board games such as Monopoly and Cluedo and we have other board games and similar games that we received that are a lot of fun to play as a family.

I don't mind playing board games here and there, but I'm a sore loser when it comes to board games lol. I used to be very bad as a kid, I would get upset and throw the pieces everywhere. :V

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor