Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Bloggers: how many articles do you pre-write?

Sharon

Recognized member
Credits
I know that a lot of bloggers like to write their articles in advance so that they can post them timely on their blogs. They do so manually or have them scheduled to post. I hear it's a good idea to post regularly to keep traffic coming. So my question to blog owners... considering how often you post on your blog, how many articles do you normally have prepared in advance?

Advertisement Placeholder
for me, i have done it quite spontatneously.

Have you found it difficult to post regularly when you spontaneously post? ..or do you find that not restricting yourself to a schedule actually results in you writing several articles in a week's time for example? I find that I literally need to set time aside just to pre-write articles...otherwise I may never post an update on my blog! lol

I never did pre-write articles. All I ever did was "schedule" articles, but that was when there were so many articles being written that it would've been overwhelming to have them all being posted at once. I had about 20 something articles scheduled at once at one time.

Before release I pre-wrote like 10 articles on my blog. I believe it makes it look active and is bound to get more returning visitors.

I have been known in the past to pre-write articles for my blogs yes. If I have a lot I want to blog about I will set to and write them up and set them to post at different times so that I have regular content coming in. It's not too often though that I tend to pre-write articles, it really depends on if I have anything I want to write about at the time.

I never really tended to pre-write. I usually just wrote steam-of-consciousness anyways, so I couldn't really pre-write for that. Sometimes I would think of something fun to write about in my life, sometimes I would just write random thoughts that were on my mind. I don't think a pre-write would really be beneficial for this kind of blog. As far as for a blog that has an actual niche, I think it could be a really good idea.

1 a year, if that. I tend to just come up with things as I go along. That's why my blog isn't really all that active. I don't care if it is or isn't though so I love the way I do it. My blog is basically my online journal. Anything personal, I keep written down in an 'offline' journal (binder with paper in it) and everything else goes up on my blog as there are some things you don't want your jobs to know about so that stuff I write in my 'offline journal'.

I do not think I could ever prewrite articles and schedule them to post, I'm not that creative nor do I have enough content to really prewrite anything if I was actually to start a blog. :p

Depending on the subject. Once I start my own blog I plan to have many prewritten articles for the future mainly for organization and to try to be ahead of other competitors considering my blog will be gaming-related. As for how many it depends on what is going on. I could personally see a range of 5 - 10 articles I would need to prewrite and post later on when they are needed to be posted.

I think pre-writing is a great strategy and feel ridiculous not having thought of utilizing it. Usually, I would just make it a habit of posting one article a day, coming up with fresh content. I never really had that spark to write multiple articles for later, but if I had the drive and didn't have a mountain of other tasks to do than I would definitely consider doing that. Great strategy! :)

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 82.8%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds