Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

📈 Marketing Strategies Best way to advertise?

For comprehensive digital marketing tactics.

JennyorAlice

Renowned member
Credits
What are the best ways to advertise your site? What has worked best for you?
Where is a good place to go to advertise?

1. On other websites that allow advisement you need to obey the rules though, like FP or AJ
  2. Twitter and facebook - even Reddit
  3. Making videos about it
  4. Even if you stream have chat commands for it
  5. Sell ads and buy ads slots ;) on FB or anywhere that see fits
  6. Tell your family and friends
  7. makes posters and stick them in your location area :p who does that anymore

Now a days, best way to advertise anything would be by creating short videos of 30sec. People consume a lot of short format videos a lot. Whenever they get some free time, they get on their phone and scroll through YT shorts, Tiktok or Instagram reels.

1. Word of Mouth has always been a big thing. Get others interested so they will also share the link!
2. Social Media
3. Get activity running on your forum at the same time to make it appear active, if it is less active new users may not want to join.
4. I would find similar types of forums and post around! Have your signature (if allowed) and a motto or statement to help catch attention. Of course no advertising if not allowed, but it can be good to meet people who are interested in the same content as your project!

There's been a handful of surveys about this on different big forum based resource sites and it's effectively boiled down to:

1. Social media (primarily Twitter/X and Tumblr)
2. Directory/resource signatures (RPG-D, Caution to the Wind, here on Admin-Junkies, etc.)
3. Discord
4. Topsites
5. Affiliates

Virtually no one does forum-to-forum ads anymore. Aside from the fact it always felt like a giant waste of time, those are almost never touched by regular members.

I've used Reddit as well as Facebook to promote my forums. Reddit really helped Gex Forums the other day, we got a handful of new members since I reached out to the moderators of the subreddit to see if I could get the forums added to their sidebar. (They had a Facebook group link as well as a Discord server already.) Sometimes it's beneficial to reach out to admins of other communities rather than outright spamming their communities with your own.

1. Word of Mouth has always been a big thing. Get others interested so they will also share the link!
I agree that Word of Mouth is still one of the best ways to advertise. Doesn't matter if it is for a forum or a full blown business. Creating those personal connections leads to more connections.
For example, a lawn mowing service. You do a good job for one person, they will tell their friends. The friends use your service, you do another good job... Guess what, that friend is telling more friends.. It goes on and on from there.

Social Networking is another big one.

Finding similar communities and sharing your site if allowed. That could be via signature, profile link, or even advertisements.

All three of those kind of go together when you think about it.. It is all a form of networking/creating connections.

I've used Reddit as well as Facebook to promote my forums. Reddit really helped Gex Forums the other day, we got a handful of new members since I reached out to the moderators of the subreddit to see if I could get the forums added to their sidebar. (They had a Facebook group link as well as a Discord server already.) Sometimes it's beneficial to reach out to admins of other communities rather than outright spamming their communities with your own.
That's quite a good idea... Might have to look into that for mine 😃

My online drum lessons get a lot of traffic from one FB group and I'd like to try to use my drumming FB page to get forum views. I will have to pay for that, though.

One of the best ways is to open social media accounts for your site. There are a lot of them that you can open and be active on them. You can use the medium to advertise.

Honestly... a lot of my traffic (not necessarily participation) has been coming in from social media shares and such (Reddit, FaceBook and whatnot).
I really don't expect a lot of new members... since my niche is VERY specific (and unluckily in most aspects expensive to play in).

Trial and error is really the best way. Find the ways that work for your niche and never stop trying new ways. AdWords and social media are always a good start, and then it is just filtering out the things that don't work and always trying new things. Sites like Fiverr can offer crazy ways to promote your site and while most will never work, sometimes trying is the only way to find out what does work.

Content is always still the king in many ways here. Having good content promotes organic sharing and that is the best way to get seen as not only is it highly effective, but it is also free.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest