Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Best method to learn graphics

shamzblueworld

Reputable member
Website
awebmastr.com
Credits
What is the best method to learn graphic designing? Is it tutorials explained with screenshots? or video tutorials? Or is it to learn from somone, online or offline?

Advertisement Placeholder
When learning graphics I found online tutorials through forums and even youtube to be a good ground start. However nothing beats actually sitting down and going through the design tools and even asking questions on forums. The only problem is their isn't a "fast track" to learning this stuff, you need time and a lot of dedication, both of which when it came to graphics, I didn't have as they never interested me as much so I learn the basics and maybe a few tips/tricks but again graphics was never my style.

I learned graphic design and created my own banners and logos for my site with the help of video tutorials of heathenx. He screencast videos to learn Inkscape vector software which you surely can find if you search this. This software is free by the way and easy to learn.

Just like anything, it takes practice. You could go to some graphic design classes, but I don't think they are worth the money. Simply sit down a few hours a day, and experiment with your program of choice. Learn it, get used to it, and the more you practice the better you usually get.

Find tutorials on google and try doing it yourself, making things yourself and exploring is always a good method to learn something.

Thanks guys, I am really into graphic designing, but never actually spend any time on it, I have Photoshop CS 6 in my laptop, also gimp is installed too, I can do very basic, but I'd love to become pro on it.

I believe the main element needed for learning graphic designing is your own creativity and passion to do what you love more.

With simple tools you can start creating great logos, banners, graphics and even full layouts, but without creativity you might have the best resources and go nowhere.

However I see you really love what you do, and I'm sure you will achieve your goal picking some of the above advice ;)

To get better at a technique, try to imitate someone else's graphic work. Ideas will just come flying out of your head.

Thanks guys, I am really into graphic designing, but never actually spend any time on it, I have Photoshop CS 6 in my laptop, also gimp is installed too, I can do very basic, but I'd love to become pro on it.
Its the start though, one day you will want to edit some photos like trying to get rid of something on the background or change the background of the image, GIMP sure can do it. what you can do to hone this skill is follow some tutorials.

I just do tutorials over and over. Finish one, start another and repeat x infinity. Eventually, I produce my own piece of work using the skills I've learned from the tutorials and see the joy of producing something myself that I've self-learnt!

lynda. com has a very extensive sistem of video tutorials. Get Photoshop and start playing! Good luck!

Thank you very much everyone for the suggestions.

Kami can I download tuts from there? I can only work often when offline, so need to know somewhere from where I can download the tuts, in pdf or video whatever form. Is there any?
As far as I'm aware, you're able to download all of the tutorials and ebooks that are available without second thought. Of course you have to subscribe to their website first ($19 a month).

I personally have learned all that I know about designing by the tried and true trial and error method. I have tried tutorials and videos and the like but they were just so confusing to me that I could not follow the steps.

I personally have learned all that I know about designing by the tried and true trial and error method. I have tried tutorials and videos and the like but they were just so confusing to me that I could not follow the steps.
Patrick is right. Practice is the best way to get around it. Tutorials aren't always very helpful in teaching you design. However, it can be useful if you want to practice on something specific. Don't throw it out the window yet. :p

Practice, and ask others for help when you get stuck.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds