Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Banning a customer?

Advertisement Placeholder
Whether it’s a physical setting like a shop or restaurant, or a virtual setting online or by telephone - when is it acceptable to ‘ban’ a customer from entering or purchasing again?

I think it’s acceptable when commit an act of dishonesty, or are rude to the staff multiple times.
Well, this is a very sensitive case and it should be treated with extreme caution. It might not be proper to ban a customer from your business but it could be taken as a last resort to ensure day to day running of the business smoothly.

There are different stages of resolution with the customer who is unhappy about a particular thing. It makes a lot of sense for you to ban them if they do not want to cooperate or they keep on inciting violence.

Yeah, but this only happens to only places that has lots of customers, some employers won't really show any concern about that kind of situation, I think this only happens to places that has lots of customers.

Though banning a customer automatically reduces the number of your customers by one or more and that's why i don't like banning a customer , but some customer are insultive and have bad character .

A local restaurant ended up banning any an all politcal things in their place of business. Thinks that you would find typical in America such as BLM, pride flags, MAGA merch... The reason they had to do this is that they were having issues with employees purposely messing up orders if they knew the person was part of some sort of political or social cause.

I think as far as I am concerned I can only ban a customer that has violated the business rules and regulations governing the customers. For instance a customer who is a shop lifter and found red handed stealing from the business then I think I can burn them from accessing my business.

Some customers with bad reviews can be ban to save the business
I try to right the wrong then compell them to post a good review because bad reviews are not good for business and should never appear on any of my profiles

Year right but I think you should give them a warning and then notice their behaviour and try to realise that there is any change or not if there is any change so you should allow them to be there to purchase or buy your items.

Whether it’s a physical setting like a shop or restaurant, or a virtual setting online or by telephone - when is it acceptable to ‘ban’ a customer from entering or purchasing again?

I think it’s acceptable when commit an act of dishonesty, or are rude to the staff multiple times.
I would be tempted to believe that I may only ban a client who has disobeyed the corporate laws and guidelines that regulate the clientele, even after an opening admonishment not to do so.

I think it's ok to ban a customer when they physically abuse another customer or an employee. I believe that no matter what the case may be, one should never result to violence.

I can only ban customers from patronizing if he or she try to defraud me. Fraudster are not meant to be taking as customer because they can destroy your company if you don't act fast.

Yes I agree. Customers should be treated with high priority as they're the livewire of the business. Legitimate practices must be put in place to ensure they're retained by your brand.

When a customer is dissatisfied with something, there are various stages of resolution.
If they refuse to cooperate or continuously instigating violence, it makes perfect sense for you to prohibit them.

I will not banned them. sometimes there are certain things you can do that you have to involve the authority without having to directly banned them. Banning seems to make you rude as a business owner.

Let's take an example where by you are running a restaurant, people do patronised your services.Sudenly one among your customers will come and eat food and go with out paying for the services,he keeps doing that severally. You as business man what do you have to do? Getting him banned is the Best

A business owner ought to make sure to ban anyone who is serving as a threat to the business.

There are a lot of people like this and you shouldn't tolerate them.

Though we were taught that the customers are always right and be treated with care because they are the source of our income but some customers are always frustrating and might affect another customers if you don't ban them .

Though we were taught that the customers are always right and be treated with care because they are the source of our income but some customers are always frustrating and might affect another customers if you don't ban them .
I still believe that they should be let go. Except they are directly trying to bring down or destroy our business , but as long as they are unsatisfied and you can't help them then you have to let them be without banning them.

I still believe that they should be let go. Except they are directly trying to bring down or destroy our business , but as long as they are unsatisfied and you can't help them then you have to let them be without banning them.
You are right , banning a customer might have a negative effect on your business because the banned customer might decided to be spreading false rumour against your business , so the best thing is just to leave them be .

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds