Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

backlinks through forum posting

Nomad

Service Team
Service Team
Credits
When you join forums and start posting, you can share your links in different ways, such as sharing links on your bio or sharing links as your signature, as well as sharing links on your post. Do you use forums for building backlinks? What's your experience? Have you benefited form these backlinks

Considering that in most cases with XenForo... it's a "no-follow" link... trying to game the system is a wash-out.

I see traffic from on forum I post a lot on, that allows advertising in signatures. Can also gain some blog traffic making forum topics related to your blog post and linking back to the full article

Considering that in most cases with XenForo... it's a "no-follow" link... trying to game the system is a wash-out.
Even if they are nofollow, they can still technically be backlinks to your site. At least, according to the first result on Google.

We attach a backlink to all themes we create near the copyright area, which I imagine has brought in quite a few members who wanted the theme for their own board or wanted to see similar themes. I always signature advertise where permitted and I hope that helps build up the backlinks.

I currently have links to my forums in my signature on a few different forums that I post on as well as my Sonic blog. It definitely helps get backlinks to your forum, anyone who owns a website and posts on forums should add their websites to their signatures on as many different forums as you can.

Even if they are nofollow, they can still technically be backlinks to your site. At least, according to the first result on Google.
I'll just leave this here and won't expound upon it... as it's easy enough to find out what no-follow does for SEO.

Screen Shot 2023-09-04 at 7.14.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-09-04 at 7.12.14 PM.png

Oh, I know bout the nofollow and do-follow. Backlinks are still backlinks. One just tends to get ignored by bots & web crawlers, and one is for bots & humans.
ONLY when you view them on the site... they provide NO SEO juice... and the SEO juice is what folks do it for (those search engine entries so many chase).

ONLY when you view them on the site... they provide NO SEO juice... and the SEO juice is what folks do it for (those search engine entries so many chase).
That is true for most people, but I'm fine either way. As long as one person sees it and goes "oh, that site looks interesting, I'll join" - I call that one human a win if they find something interesting.

I normally put a link to my site in ALL forum signatures, no matter if they have nofollow or not (unless a site doesn't allow a link, I'll still put in my site name. Google it, first result).

With your advert your signatures on every single post then members will see that and maybe they click on it :) Depends on how many sites that you are on that's a lot. It's better than nothing it's about members or people viewing your post to see your signatures more so then bots that would never do.

With your advert your signatures on every single post then members will see that and maybe they click on it
That's more likely to be beneficial than what most spammers do with throwing their links into a post.... THOSE type of links have no SEO juice, especially if the site is no-follow... and most 1/2 intelligent users will be able to look at the post and then the link and the immediate thing that comes to mind is

spam GIF

Those in a signature are more likely to draw interest if the users have it set so that they can see signatures (it is an option in XF if configured).
And one doesn't have to have graphics in the sig to draw attention... just a simple link with the description of the site is more than adequate to draw interest.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest