Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

At what point do you do favoritism for a position?

Advertisement Placeholder
I think at any point you need to have the interest of your family members or your close persons..So it doesn't really matter

The type of scenario where I would love to favour someone I know for the job would be when I know that such person is a very capable person for the job based in experience with the person

If only the person is qualified for the job with the necessary skills and knowledge and a good working strategy

If I am in that position, as long as they are qualified, then I can find ways to help them get the job. As long as I know they can handle it I will do whatever I can so that it goes to them. But I won't do this if I know they can't handle it, hence I would be like the very government are judge and condemn about how they give out positions to those they know who are not even qualified for the position.

Well I would avoid such situations completely except the person I want to favour knows and can do a fantastic job, except that I wouldn't want to be in such positions.

If the person seeking the job were to be your brithet or sister, or a friend or a friend's child. These are situations i would concider favouritism without issues

The only way I'll favour that person over others is when I've known him for quite sometime and I'm convinced of his skills before I delve in to offering the job description.
Also when an employee is well experienced in that field, it's a plus for me

Most of the time the reason why a position is keptopen is to fill it with a competent hands,and that is just what i will just do.But in the case the individual do not meet the requirement and has prospect of learning and growing that is where i will favour him.

I will do that when l have a qualified person for a given position whether family, friend or not. Another scenerio is when someone is being undervalued, knowing that such position is beneath him or her, l will definitely favour such person to valuable position. I love it when your skill and knowledge is valued, it brings out the best in you.

I think it should be when the person is competent enough. When an individual is not competent, I can choose him or her over those who are competent, regardless of our relationship.

In what sort of cases do you think it would be preferable to favour someone you know for a post for a job?
I think it would be preferable to favour someone I know for a job post if I am certain the person has some level of experience and skill.
Is this favouritism??
If not, then I may not have to practice it.

Well favoritism will only be justified if the favored person does a stellar job too because the results and outputs should be the main requirement when looking out in hiring people for a new post

Doesn't require anytime it is really depends you when you really want to favour anyone that you really want, so you can do that when you want.

In what sort of cases do you think it would be preferable to favour someone you know for a post for a job?w
In a situation where there are competent and professionals for a particular work and all are very good at the work, this is when you can favour someone you know.

I don't encourage favouritism but only in cases that the person qualifies for the job position being given to.

In Western societies nepotism raises legal concerns. Although U.S. laws do not specifically prohibit hiring one's relatives, studies show that between 10 and 40 percent of U.S. companies maintain formal policies prohibiting such a practice. Many of these anti-nepotism rules were instituted in the 1950s with the aim of preventing the hiring of incompetent male relatives of male employees. In the 1960s and 1970s the same rules applied but failed to reflect the change in the workforce as more women entered the job market; females were often the victims of these rules, however, and many were forced to quit.

Nepotism is also tied to discrimination issues and pragmatic concerns. There is substantial debate over whether employers with any form of biased preferences for hiring, including nepotism, can even survive in the business market, ethical issues notwithstanding. On the other hand, approximately 40 percent of Fortune 500 firms are family-owned, and the success of these businesses can be viewed.

I do not really favours people for me personally because I do not have that time ,if I am employing someone for a business or an employment I rather try as much as possible to know the type of skill he has to offer in my business. And also experience.

I do not really favours people for me personally because I do not have that time ,if I am employing someone for a business or an employment I rather try as much as possible to know the type of skill he has to offer in my business. And also experience.
Same as I, I don't favour anyone so as for that person not to lose his or her guide on the job so I recommend everybody as an equal been and average so as to put more effort on the job.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds