Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

At what point do you do favoritism for a position?

Same as I, I don't favour anyone so as for that person not to lose his or her guide on the job so I recommend everybody as an equal been and average so as to put more effort on the job.
But seriously I do not really have that time even me, when I am thinking of employing people into my business organisation I firstly look at the skill and experience the person will have to offer on my business.

Advertisement Placeholder
If I've known the person and I'm satisfied with his or her capabilities, I'll employ even without formal brouhaha but if the person is not capable, I'll employ him to a sector or unit that doesn't require sensitivity.

Personally I would will favour someone I know if only he or she is willing to be humble and learn the proceedings of the business

I haven't practice favourism before. Although they might be some drive to do that but since justice and equity should be the norm, then nepotism and favourism should be totally avoided

You can disagree with me, but I will chose to hire a person I know because I can trust the person I know compared to a complete stranger. However, I will also consider the skills and expertise before hiring.

In some cases, it is preferable to fsvour someone you know for a post or job if and only if such person is qualified for that job or post.

I would always do favoritism if the person truly merited the post . In my country, favoritism towards the family members is what is in vogue. This is common in the northern side of Nigeria as most of the northerners put themselves in the powerful positions irrespective of the capabilites.

In what sort of cases do you think it would be preferable to favour someone you know for a post for a job?
Favouring someone i know for a job post would work if i get to know that the person in question is qualified.
It is possible to have three to four persons who are qualified for a certain job
In such a situation, i would choose to favour someone i know.

Favoritism should also be merited by the requirement of the work position. It could be a family member or a friend but he or she needs to be a little bit qualified for the position to avoid losses. Things can go awry with a wrong employee

At no point will I ever promote or practice favouritsm or partiality in my business organization. Such practices are the the reasons why incompetency and subsequent downfall of a business will occur.

In what sort of cases do you think it would be preferable to favour someone you know for a post for a job?
If the person is very qualified for the position but have other qualified persons first the same position. In that instance, I will choose the person I know.

I think I can do favouritism for people that are very needy and I see that they would really benefit for that job or anything else. As long as they have the slightest potential, I will favour them. This is because their dire needs will push them to putting their best effort.

If I am a CEO and if I need staff in my company and it someone I know has applied to the position, I would definitely hire this person provided he/she has required qualification.

Well the only time I would favor someone is when I have known him very well and I am aware of his capabilities and I know what he can do at a particular time or maybe if he is highly recommended

I'm strongly against favoritism of any kind especially at work or work related issues. But if I must play favouritism , the person must at least meet 80% of the requirements. Favoritism kills business growth

I have never done this before. if I'm in the position, I think Whenever I check their qualifications and they both are quite close, I think that's where favouritism would come in

I don't encourage favouritism but only in cases that the person qualifies for the job position being given to.
In a case where there are other qualifiers for a job, if i see anyone i know well amongst them,
i think i will hire that person. I think it is okay that way, as long as the person is qualified for the job.

At the point I know that the person is well qualified for that position. Even if it's my family member.

I don't like the idea of having to favour someone over another. The only way this could be possible is if the people involved has similar qualifications and experience, I would pick my family member or friend over the other

If I've known the person and I'm satisfied with his or her capabilities, I'll employ even without formal brouhaha but if the person is not capable, I'll employ him to a sector or unit that doesn't require sensitivity.
Hmm which means you are saying as long as you know the person, you would definitely employ them right? What if the person does not have the required certificates but have the skills?

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds